Large Scale Central

Zillions of Pictures From the Good Old Days

While searching for some building pictures on the web, I accidentally ran across this thread on another forum. It’s got ga-jillions of pictures of old buildings, cars, trains, and people. Everything from small town America to bustling big cities. If you need some great pictures of what it looked like in the ‘old days,’ this might be a great place to look. Lots of color pictures, too (I had no idea that you old guys lived in color- I always thought the world was black and white back then).

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=428585

-Kevin.

Nice,

Thanks for posting. I wish I was alive in that Era.

Nico

or you could just ask Bruce or Ralph what it looked like in the old days…:wink:

uh…I believe Ken is the older man to me. Oh, but that’s right, he can’t remember …stuff… :wink:

Ken’s got socks older than me :slight_smile:

Ralph

…winking…

dieseldude . said:

I always thought the world was black and white back then).

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=428585

Well, Kevin, moral questions were black and white…

With fewer shades of grey, those do seem like simpler times…

Great Stuff! Thanks for this teriffic link to an amazing site!

You guys are old!..:slight_smile:

BTW…Thanks for the link Kevin and sucking me in for over an hour at work today and getting me in trouble with my boss!

There are just some amazing and interesting pictures on that thread!

Well, Rooster, I’m glad that I wasn’t the only one sucked in to that thread. As a matter of fact, the day I accidentally stumbled on that thread, I spent hours and hours looking at pictures. In the end, I couldn’t remember what I was looking for in the first place! Enjoy!

-Kevin.

dieseldude . said:

In the end, I couldn’t remember what I was looking for in the first place! Enjoy!

-Kevin.

I understand!

Neat. This one especially brought back memories…

(http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/dog427435/1218%20ashbridge/Vintage/1015.jpg)

We had a tow lot on the corner of our street that serviced the NY Thruway. They always had lots of cool wrecks. This was before seat belts and way before air bags. See that hole in the windshield with the rounded cracks near the top? That was someone’s head; and the wreck wasn’t that bad. As kids we would see blood and hair stuck to trim, teeth and broken glass on the dashboard or worse. We loved the gore.

Today’s kids deal with violent films and video games. Kids my age dealt with violent reality.

A wasted '50 Merc. We had a '51 back in '55. Yeah, I’m old.

Uummm…you guys need to dig deeper…I’m not gonna waste bandwidth here but may I suggest just for a start pages 1286 and especially 1287(for the videos)

Love the rail vehicles on page 1286

Nico Corbo said:

Nice,

Thanks for posting. I wish I was alive in that Era.

Nico

If you had to go to the hospital for surgery or the dentist for a root canal in that era, I really doubt you’d feel the same way …

:wink:

I wish I could post the pics of my great uncle Vic and my grandfather Buck, they ran a car shop in the west side back in the pre-WW2 days and after the war my great uncle started making hot rod parts and midget racers, so there are some very interesting car pics in my moms photo albums.

Jon Radder said:

Neat. This one especially brought back memories…

(http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/dog427435/1218%20ashbridge/Vintage/1015.jpg)

We had a tow lot on the corner of our street that serviced the NY Thruway. They always had lots of cool wrecks. This was before seat belts and way before air bags. See that hole in the windshield with the rounded cracks near the top? That was someone’s head; and the wreck wasn’t that bad. As kids we would see blood and hair stuck to trim, teeth and broken glass on the dashboard or worse. We loved the gore.

Today’s kids deal with violent films and video games. Kids my age dealt with violent reality.

My God I had saved this picture to my desktop and was just about to post this exact picture myself when, as I was scrolling down to the bottom, I came across your post.

You didn’t think of these as the good old days if you were the one laying out on the pavement.