Large Scale Central

Z Stuff for Trains Signals

Anyone using these? I’ve seen the ad’s and review in GRR, just wondering who has used them and how have they held up outdoors, seems simple to use for “simulated” block signals.

John

I’ve seen this stuff at the Syracuse (NY) show and a buddy has one of the G scale signals on his indoor layout. They look good and operate very well (read the complete description of how they work). They’re a bit pricey but you’re paying not only for the materials but the guy’s knowledge of PIC chip programming. I don’t know how they hold up in outdoor conditions.
Dave

We have 5 (I believe) for our club layout for shows, and I am certain they stay in the shed except when being utilized. Their construction is OK, but IMHO I don’t think they will last terrible long outdoors. UV tends to do nasty things to plastics.

Bob C.

Did someone say ‘outdoor’ G scale signals? Please have a look at our stuff at www.iptrains.com . We design from the ground up for outdoor operations. Our signals can be wired to the contacts of a switch machine for simple interlocking operation or you can use our block signaling modules for prototypical block and interlocking operations.

We also have a new line of steel & brass outdoor signal bridges starting at $69.

IPTrains, designed by garden railroaders for garden railroaders.

JT