Large Scale Central

WTB or trade for: Lionel Large scale items, espically PRR items

Those cars are perfect for an engine we have. They will work perfectly, I would give you photos of these 4 cars (3 if you don’t want the USA) that we have but I have to do it through email because were over our alloted data on this site and photos won’t post. Let me know when your ready and I will get you the photos via email. I think the USA matches in size and it has a box. I am sure kids and the community will enjoy running whatever you are willing to trade us for. They like the colorful cars!
Thank you so much!
Be in touch!
PS Whichever car you think would look the best for an autism awareness car is fine with us.
Ken

Mike,
If you get a chance. I’d like to see a pic. of the conrail car with the fred on it. That should be interesting!
Never seen one before.
Thanks,again!
Ken ISKOT

Mike,

Just trying to post the photos for you!

Pm’d you my email addy to send pics to. For the others, if you have one of the GP9 or GP20’s, any road name, I would like to get one more to custom paint into Montana RailLink colors. Here is a pic of the Conrail box car with ETD on the back, they show up on ebay, just have to watch for them. Its Lionel item number 8-8702. I gave 45 with shipping for mine that was mint in the box. You open the sliding door and plug in a 9vt battery, there is a slide switch above one of the trucks to turn the blinking light on/off. Mike

Nice car!
I don’t have any Lionel power unfortunately but I did send you photos of the cars. Hope they went through ok. Sometimes the email server doesn’t get photos through so let me know if you get them and Thank you!
Ken, ISKOT

one thing about the four motor diesels, they are a power hog! I had to pair up two 1 amp transformers to run the BN GP20 with the sound turned off. Turning on the sound and one of the transformers starts cutting out after a lap or two. Robbie is going to set me up with a 6000 mah battery along with Revo TE. Should be intersting to see what battery duration will be. Mike

Many years back I had a GP 20, UP and even on the Bridgeworks transformer it was pulling 1.88 Amps without cars behind it and sound on.
They are definitely a power hog but they can pull well too.
Still wish we had that locomotive!
Ken

There is a powered/dummy pair of the UP GP20’s over on ebay for less than the powered unit usualy sells for. Mike

Is that the U.P. set? That was one I saw on bid. Ken

Yep, UP set. I would like to get the Seaboard GP9 to repaint into BN. Someday! Mike

I do love the green paint scheme and as a matter of fact they have a BN GP20 on Ebay now but it’s over priced, I think? Ken

Yes the one for 450 is a tad high in my opinion, but I have seen them priced that high at shows as well. If I was looking for another one, I would make that seller an offer. That one for $450 has been listed for months now with no takers. I gave 350 for mine and 250 for the dummy. The BN units are the most desirable of all the diesels. The two UP units for one price is a much better deal, and someone like Shawmut car shops could make them into BN units. I picked up a nasty Lionel box car at the local shop, I repainted it Cascade green and am using O scale decals to make it a BN car. Looks good, pics soon in another thread. Mike

Look forward to those photos! Incidentally, Shipping your box tomorrow.
Let me know if you like it and if everything made it ok!
Ken

Check out the thread over in the modeling area for pics of your special car! Mike

I checked out and posted info. on your other post on the modeling forum. Emailed your tracking number a short time ago. Ken