Large Scale Central

Wifes mad

Apparently when I said i was “going to work on the yard” she though something else

Maybe it’s cause these are still in the “yard”

Hopefully next weekend when I start build the mine she won’t freak out

that grey building in the picture is “my garage / barn” could easily make a apartment upstairs in the attic

So…Nice Roundhouse…

Beats me, I don’t see anything wrong. Looks like you’re working in the yard?

I wanna go to the Tipp Hill Beer Fest.

I love it !

Looks good. Nice that the snow is gone and the weather is getting nice again.

Got the yard kinda laid out in the third picture above, will need to make about 15 switches, rainy day projects are piling up. Going to try to 3d print the turnout. theres a guy on Thingiverse that did a basic G Guage straight track section, which prints out well

(https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/1982239_1474880196073686_927313118_n.jpg)

got a basic configuration put together

(https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/1924766_1483290098566029_515034235_n.jpg)

been putting off the printing of this untill I can get black or brown filament in the printer

My wife doesn’t mind me “working in the yard” she says it beats me going out and getting into trouble.

Mark I know that farmers used to sell a spot on their barns for advertisments but your villagers have taken it to the extreme! Some of your buildings look like NASCAR !

If you can print out a switch will it include the rails for battery powered trains?

Mark Do you know how well the 3D printed ties will hold up in the weather? I know that there is a great many different formulas for the filament. Would be a big bummer to have them all start to crumble from the UV exposure. Now making one for a master to create a casting mould from would seem like a great idea.

I suggest to do a little homework before spending a lot of time printing ties.

Just my $ .02 worth.

“…how well the 3D printed ties will hold up in the weather…”

Yep ! One of the first things i asked a 3d printer user/seller 3 yrs back at ST’.

Are there UV inhibitor embedded materials ?

doug c

Todd, i have a stock pile of brass curved track with no purpose in life at this point, so I’m going to bend the brass for these switches

As for the ties hold up, whatever color they are printed on will be paited to help UV, more concerned about melting then the plastic becoming brittle. If it does become brittle I can just say its Aristo/AML plastic track - (JOKE)

I plan on making 1 soon and leaving that out for the year then printing more later on if they hold up

then=than…since when ?

the grammer police are watching…:wink:

Wives always get mad about something. Trains are calming to a mans nerves. I actually thought, maybe I’ll build a 1:1 train set on my 10,000 acre Ranch. That way, my wife and I can take trips. LOL

The story you just read is totally fabricated and completely untrue. However, I want to go on record as saying I dream allot…LOL

Fred Mills, BSc, BS, SD said:

then=than…since when ?

Fred, I want to go on record here and say I highly object to people correcting me. I worked very hard to graduate from the same class my son is in. He just started 3rd grade…LOL

Seriously, if anyone corrects me, I am cool with that. :slight_smile:

However, I have no regard for “thought police”…LOL

Stacy

Who woke Fred up?

Doug Arnold said:

Who woke Fred up?

All the snow melted…:wink:

And he’s not working on the layout?

Fred Mills, BSc, BS, SD said:

then=than…since when ?

(https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1.0-9/1964923_10152289167229643_245146716_n.jpg)