Large Scale Central

WholsaleTrains.com A RANT

Started out in the post about Hartland Mini Series Freight Cars.

Like Shawn mentioned, Wholesale Trains in Horseheads has great stock and very good prices. And I have purchased from them in the past with fine results each time. My issue is with an item that I may have ordered incorrectly. I say “May Have” because the part numbers on their site and USA Trains site are conflicting. It seems that there has been some part numbering changes at USAT. So when I ordered the part I used Wholesale Trains number. I received the incorrect part.

I did not open the package, seeing through the plastic bag that the part wasn’t what I thought I ordered. When I inquired about an exchange I was told that there was nothing that could be done, PERIOD !! Not even an Oh I’m sorry that this happened to you, etc, etc.

I even wrote a letter of inquiry on and sent it through the mail. I haven’t received a reply. My letter was niether confrontational nor nasty.

The amount of money involved is less than thirty dollars. So now I have a part sitting safely in storage, that I cannot use.

Ask to talk to the owner, even over 30 dollars… or get your cc company to reverse the charge.

I had a problem once, and the people on the phone told me to pound sand BUT the owner of the company came on the forum when I was telling my story and HE corrected it.

So, I’d try going up the ladder and giving them another chance.

Greg

I have to agree with Greg. I found you have better results over the phone or in person, then in a letter or e-mail. Its too easy to read a letter put it aside and say “Ill get to that when I get time” and then totaly forget about it. Thats why I never e-mail or send letters to a business etc… Its too easy to get misplaced or forgotten about. A phone is hard to avoid.

I had several issues with them years ago. They never did make it right so I took my wallet elsewhere. Unfortunately, the elsewhere places are dwindling fast.

“Unfortunately, the elsewhere places are dwindling fast”.

That’s one in their favor, Brian, and they seem to recognize the fact.

What happened to Dan?

Deleted Member said:

“Deleted member”…I’ve never seen that before :wink:

Possibly something deemed inappropriate was posted and Bob gave him the boot?

Or maybe he was “self deleted”?

Who knows…not me :wink:

Ralph

I agree with Greg and Shawn, and I tried that with no satisfaction. For the guys whose experience of this outfit is good, I’m happy, but I’m afraid I’m in the same position as Brian, down about $175 for the past six years or so with nothing to show … I’ve written it, and them, off.

Very interesting. I didnt do it, I wont, but people can delete their own account, so maybe thats what happened?

Who was this, anyway?

Bob PM sent

John, I had to work with the owner. There was a problem with his staff that he did not know about and corrected it immediately.

Did you get to the owner of the company?

Greg

Fear not…I am back. Long story short, I deleted myself. Nothing to do with Bob. Thanks for noticing my brief absense.

Welcome back Dan!

did it hurt? :slight_smile:

Greg Elmassian said:

John, I had to work with the owner. There was a problem with his staff that he did not know about and corrected it immediately.

Did you get to the owner of the company?

Greg

A woman named, if memory serves, Julie? I could try again…

Always go up the food chain to the guy with the biggest desk. That has always worked for me.

Greg Elmassian said:

did it hurt? :slight_smile:

Only My Pride

While I do not question anything anyone has posted, I have a story to tell about Gary & Wholesale Trains.

It is an old story so some may have heard it before on another forum.

I have a severe autistic granddaughter Emily. When she was younger I wanted a Thomas the Tank set for her. Unfortunately Thomas had been discontinued and none were to be found anywhere.

I phoned Gary (he did not know me) and Gary’s response was to take his one and only Thomas set off of his store display and ship it to me for Emily AT NO CHARGE.

I did not ask that it be given to me and I assured Gary that I would be happy to pay for it but Gary refused to let me pay a dime - not even for shipping.

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/jerry_mccolgan/miscellaneous/Emily1.JPG)

It was not about money (I could and I would have been happy to pay).

There are some good guys in this hobby and my experience has been that from my perspective Gary is one of them.

Jerry