Large Scale Central

Where and will you bothe to watch the Eclipse of 2017?

Oregon is nuts about the Solar Eclipse of 2017. We plan to see it in Baker City. Anybody else planning to watch it? Heck, if you a confuser or a TV, I’n sure your going to be exposed to it. Watch your eyes.

As I said in another post, I think the Bluestone Southern is right in its path.

Centerline of totality will be about 3 miles from home, right across river from the downtown of our 3 mile wide county seat farm burg of population 8’300, passing between Snoddy’s and the MFA gas station and garage.

I’m staying home.

And indoors.

National Weather Service says this,

"Monday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 91. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms."

Okay, a 30% chance something is a 70% chance it is not.

Gee, Monday. Lets see… I will be at work. And Pittsburgh isn’t along the line of total totality of the eclipse.

Where and will you bother to watch the Eclipse of 2017?

I will be at home and I ain’t gonna bother…(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Where and will you bother to watch the Eclipse of 2017?

If the forecast is correct, I’ll be inside, staying dry…Probably won’t see much through the clouds.

They are going nuts around here. Brings back the Y2k days.

Work is going to put on a lunch for all of it’s employees to watch it. We are on the western edge of totality, so they are making a big deal about it in town. To be honest, I will be glad when it is Tuesday.

About 60% here, I will not look at it, might if I care at the time make a pin hole viewer, but I’m at ease with the demons and being older and jaded, it falls into; ain’t life grand?

• pin hole viewer; the pin hole focuses the image on paper held below. (edited to explain this)

Do Not look directly at the sun.

John

I have to take my dog to the vet for shots and a check-up.

John Passaro said:

Oh, that brings up a question about people who while out driving and of course not wearing eclipse glasses might happen to look up the wrong direction at the wrong time and end up with eye damage.

Forrest Scott Wood said:

John Passaro said:

Oh, that brings up a question about people who while out driving and of course not wearing eclipse glasses might happen to look up the wrong direction at the wrong time and end up with eye damage.

Please don’t drive while wearing those glasses!

OMG! It’s Blind man’s bluff nation wide!

Forrest Scott Wood said:

“Stupid” can’t be washed off…

I will be busy at work. I find a natural phenomenon to be just that. I don’t need to watch it to know it happened. I also don’t intend to risk my eyesight on fraudulent eye protection. I wish all those who do great success. IF I see any of it, it will be on the NASA web site.

Think my early decision to stay home and stay in is going to be a good one, look at that heat index of 100 predicted in National Weather Service’s current forecast.

With several different neurological, endocrine, and musculoskeletal diseases I do not need to be out in that.

Monday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 91. Heat index values as high as 100. South southwest wind 3 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Topic: Where and will you bothe to watch the Eclipse of 2017?

Walther Bothe is dead man or possibly living in Argentina with Jerry ,Elvis ,Morrison,Nixon and possibly Hitler and Michael Jackson.

I’ll be RV camping on the beach in SoCal. May be overcast.

Ric Golding said:

{Snip}

As I said in another post, I think the Bluestone Southern is right in its path.

Ol’ Andy’s just a small tad North of the total path… He’ll need to put a red blinking LED on his hat so Jane can find him… (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Yeah, the total hits Jeff City and Carbondale…

Its an amazing thing as to what will sell T shirts. Campgrounds in the path of the Eclipse, or close to it, are absolutely over booked. People are opening up property to allow people to watch from their property. Think of this, you stand here and watch for free, move 6 feet and stand there and watch for a price. I love it.

Love the post of not wearing the solar glasses while driving or I guess even walking.

I did hear or read about topping up with fuel, because the people that are driving a distance, will crowd filling stations to refill to get back home. Kind of reminds me of when the Pope came to St. Louis and they talked so much about how bad the crowds would be that nobody came and his parade was basically down empty streets waving at the Police standing by the road.

I love the hype, but never forget, “there’s a sucker born every minute”.

Whoa! We had quite a gust front hit around 7am. Rained sideways for a bit. Hope the eclipse campers are safe.
Looks like more rough stuff to come.
Including a bit of rough stuff approaching now.
Looks like I'm going to have to unplug this box again pretty soon.
Going to be pretty warm tomorrow too, http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=38.9642&lon=-92.7478&unit=0&lg=english&FcstType=graphical

This hazardous weather outlook is for northwest...north central and
west central Missouri...as well as extreme eastern Kansas.

.DAY ONE…Today and Tonight

Storms this morning will produce 40-50 mph winds across the Kansas
City metro and points southeastward.

Heat indices are expected to reach the 100 to 105 degree mark this
afternoon area-wide.

More detailed information can be accessed at…
https://www.weather.gov/eax/hwo

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN…Monday through Saturday

Additional storms are possible early Monday morning, and are likely
Monday night through Tuesday morning. A few storms could become
strong to severe, particularly Monday night. In addition, heavy rain
could lead to localized flooding.

We’ll have a 92% occlusion, here in beautiful Deer Park. That’s good enough for gummint work.

I plan to be outside, watching what my chickens do. Probably running a train on the Feather Creek roundabout, too.

Forecast: mainly sunny, 25c

And supposedly 80% totality up here YYC !

Hopefully remember to be outside at the time event, 10:23am-- 11:33max --1pm :slight_smile:

doug c