Large Scale Central

Wheel stops? On code 250 rail?

I need to get a few wheel stops for a display track and reefer car I gave my sister for Christmas. She is afraid the car will roll off.

The track I gave her was a piece of Llagas Creek with code 250 nickel silver rail (on their narrow gauge ties).

What I’m looking for is some info on the Split Jaw rail clamp wheel stops. For some strange reason I can’t get the Split Jaw website to open on my computer…might be a cookie issue. So I can’t get any direct info.

It looks like they only make one type of wheel stop rail clamp. Unfortunately only in brass. I assume you tighten it over the rail head. However I also assume it is intended primarily for code 332 rail, not code 250.

Anyone know if these fit on code 250 rail?

Otherwise I’ll get her some Ozark wheel stops. I know those work. That’s what I use on the layout. However you do have to glue them on. That’s why I was hoping the rail clamp stops would work as that should be easier for her to deal with.

Oh and the yellow plastic LGB wheel stops likely will not work on code 250 rail.

Matt,
The Splitjaw rail stops are available for code 250 rail but only in brass for $15/pair.

<<Oh and the yellow plastic LGB wheel stops likely will not work on code 250 rail.>>

Matt,

The old yellow LGB wheel stops DO work. I have them on my code 250 aluminum rail from Sunset Valley. They keep my Accucraft C-19 from rolling on its display track. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info on 250 stops Joe.

And thanks for the tip on the LGB stops Gary. Would never have guessed that.

I like the ones from Tomar. I have lots of them on my layout with code 250 track. They look great.

https://tomarindustries.com/803.jpg

https://tomarindustries.com/gs.htm

I found a photo with a set on the layout.

Thanks Paul.

I didn’t know Tomar made these in G. Similar in apperance to the Ozark Miniatures wheel stops.

I have Tomar stops on the HO and O scale layouts.

Photo added to previous reply.

How do you securely attach the Tomar stops to the rail?

Bob,

I use Omni-Stick. Ozark has it. Great outdoor glue.