Large Scale Central

What a letdown

Well, I went from this:

to this:

Actually, it’s not as bad as it looks. The deck oval is just so I can run a few live steamers while waiting to start my next layout. We’re having an addition put on the house (two extra garage spaces) and the new layout is likely going right behind that, so I don’t want to start until I’m sure the backhoes and cement trucks aren’t going to interfere.

But I certainly miss the garden and couple hundred feet of track from the old place.

thats tough. but it does have to be somewhat exciting designing and developing a new one. at least a little.

Make sure to utilize the backhoe …place or do your grading for the new layout …before they leave…

Devon–I agree that a fresh start will be good. I’m not sure I’ll have the time or space to make something as large as the old garden, but it will be fun to look at all the possibilities.

Sean–excellent point. I think the place I’m thinking about is level enough already, but if I go with my “backup plan” moving dirt would definitely be involved. I’ll keep your advice in mind.

2 Likes

Nice job weathering the decking…

1 Like

We got lucky, it was pre-weathered :slight_smile:

Atta boy Dan getting something up and running!

That thing in the middle would make a nice spar tree for a giant sequoia logging scene… :smiley:

Old pictures 055

Gotta start somewhere and actually I’m trying to cut back myself if that makes sense?

I personally have always enjoyed and admired your { Old } railroad over the years

Thanks guys.

Rooster, it looks like you and I are going to end up with layouts that are about the same size. I’m hoping for a bigger oval, but the property is completely wooded, so that will be tricky. Thanks for the kind words about my old RR.

1 Like