Large Scale Central

Water tank fever

After doing the down and dirty tank for the Rowson Yard, I kinda got bit by tank fever. I just “threw” this together. I found a set of scaled drawings online, a set that turns out Dave Bodner used also and posted on here I think. I used them to sketch up a design that I am hoping I can use for both G scale, but mainly I am hoping to print it in a few pieces for On30.

It is designed right now so that the base is one piece with a flat piece of plastic, the piers, posts, and cross members. Then the tank, floor joists, and spout support are another. Spout is one and roof another. At this point the ladder is for show because I don’t think it will print small enough for On30.

I have it designed in 1:1 right now but will scale it to 1:24 and 1:48 and see how it looks before printing it. But really this was just an attempt really to learn to do it better.

Nice looking tank, Devon. May have to print the On30 ladder a little large for scale but you already know this.

I’m thinking the ladder will probably just be omitted or made from scratch out of sytrene and wire on the On30. Not sure how well it will even print in 1:24

I just may have to get the printer fired up and see what this ends up looking like in O scale.