Large Scale Central

Wanted to buy Aristo SP E8

Hi everyone, looking for a SP E8. any road number but 6049. Please PM me if you have one you are willing to part with.

Thanks, Dave

weekend bump

With all the alleged peoples leaving LS/G ya would think at least one would be looking for a new ‘railway’ to run on . . . . alas too many, too easily, head to the regional landfill :frowning:

I personally have not seen or heard of any E8s looking for a new ‘railway’ to run on.

Sincere wishes of Good Luck !

doug c

Thanks Doug, afraid your right.

Dave Stubbs said:

Hi everyone, looking for a SP E8. any road number but 6049. Please PM me if you have one you are willing to part with.

Thanks, Dave

Dave, Do you have Aristo-Craft road SP number 6049?

I have Aristo Southern Pacific E9s in road numbers 6048 & 6051 but NOT willing to part with. I did not know that Aristo had made road number 6049.

-Ted

Ted Doskaris said:

Dave, Do you have Aristo-Craft road SP number 6049?

I have Aristo Southern Pacific E9s in road numbers 6048 & 6051 but NOT willing to part with. I did not know that Aristo had made road number 6049.

-Ted

Ted, 6048 and 6051 were made in a 2007 run (first run) and 6049 was made in a late 2008 or early 2009 run.

Hoo boy, now we will have TWO guys looking to buy SP E8’s … !!!

The elusive Southern Pacific E8’s are going be expensive, right? I see an Amtrak E8 listed for $950.00 or Best Offer right now on eBay… As I recall you could buy the Amtrak model for $200.00 or maybe it was $250.00 for some time from Trainworld back in the day… On the other hand a NEW SP #6049 sold via “Buy it Now” for $450.00 two weeks ago while two Santa Fe E8’s; #81 sold for $1095.00 and $820.00 respectively and an #87 also sold for $1095.00. The average sale price for E8’s appears to be about $600.00 based on sales in the last few months. Woo-hoo, G scale models that have appreciated!!!

I’d suggest patience Dave, keep your eyes wide open. Over time I found nine SP E8 ‘A’ units. My goal was to have two ‘A’ units and build two or three ‘B’ units. A ‘B’ unit is comprised of two ‘A’ unit body shells sliced and diced into a ‘B’ unit shell. The ‘A’ unit shells are sectioned, one at the cab end and one at the rear to create one ‘B’ unit, carefully done NO paint work is required. Some day, I’m going to build an E8; A,B,B consist in the SP “Bloody Nose” or Scarlet Gray and Red as atypical of the feigning years of SP passenger service. I also have a soft spot for SP #6048 and #6050 painted in the Black Widow scheme in 1958 for freight service. Same year #6051 was painted in the “Halloween” colors, SP was searching for an affordable new look, the scarlet gray and red scheme was chosen. There was at least one other E series paint scheme that comes to mind, the 1947 E7’s; aluminum and red of the Golden Sunset Route… My bucket list is really deep thus far, yet I have several E units for fodder of various liveries to accommodate my habit I just need time to play with my trains. Sorry for running on, I’m an SP nut…

Michael

Hi Ted, yep #6049

Hi Michael, To start I’m the lucky one that pulled the SP E8 off e-bay for a buy it now $450 and it really was brand new no marks on the wheels at all. Sadly I agree it will be in the $1000 range if I find another but I’ll keep on looking.

I have several overlapping saved searches that would cover that on eBay, and I’ve only seen one come up for sale in 2 years. And it was in Australia.

Shipping from down under is…a bit…it hurts.

David Maynard said:

try it the other way USA to Australia!

Mick Benton said:

David Maynard said:

try it the other way USA to Australia!

My sentiments exactly

Where can you find those locomotives now? How can you make 2 b units from the Santa Fe E8’s I’m sorry is because I’m new to the G scale trai but I have already been collecting them since the beginning of this year. Please info me or give me some knowledge thank you.

Hi Tony, Wish I could tell you where to find any of the A units they show up every once in a while on auction sites or forums. but to make 1 b unit takes 2 A units and they are cut in half. the cab section is tossed into spare parts bin and the 2 back halfs are put together. So to get a ABA engine set you would need 4 E8 A units.

Have fun, Dave

Tony,

What locomotives; Aristocraft E8? I see various offerings on eBay pretty regularly, if your looking for Sante Fe, you’ll pay a premium, see my previous post.

E8 B units bashed by Rex Ammerman piqued my interest (Rex is member of LSC). As I note above in my previous post, two A units have to be purchased to build a single B unit. The body shells are required to create a single B unit, A unit body shells are not available separately. Remove the shell from said donors, retain one complete chassis with trucks and electronics and find a use for the second chassis left overs and or sale! One body shell has to be cut in halve near the door, while the latter is cut in halve at the rear of the engine and grafted to the other shell. Its a lot of work, and requires the proper skills and tools. There is much more work involved than I briefly described. If your NOT concerned about paint any A units could be utilized for donors.

Michael

Yes I am the one one who bought the 2 Santa Fe E8 units one for $840.00 and I paid for that other one $1020 I’m the one who you guys were mentioning

But it’s a hobby that I love and I’m so happy that I got the 2 locomotives in chrome those locomotives look so so beautiful in person the second one I had to go to Tehachapi CA to get it by Hanz at gold coast station

You need to contact Rex if you would like them done for you, Rex’s email is [email protected].

By the way Tony, as you can see by my signature, I request personal email, not private messages on forums. Greg

Hello Greg how are you I did see that on your signature I also sent you a friend request buy I don’t think you saw it yet please confir my friendship and as per the email I did email you on your personal email this past Wednesday I wanted to know if maybe one of these days we can chat and talk about more about g scale trains what do you say Greg?