Large Scale Central

Wanted, LGB White Pass Alco diesel yellow/green w/sound

Looking for one of the yellow/green White Pass Alco diesels with sound. Does not need to have MTS in it. dirty/lacking box is ok as well.

The last one I saw for sale (2 months ago) sold for around $750 on eBay. I watch eBay just about everyday and am always looking for American LGB diesels, but as you know there are only 4-5 models ever produced by LGB back in the day. Yes, different paint schemes, but not so much body changes. I have the WP&Y white/blue model repainted to my railroad the Fort Worth & South-Western which I pickup for $275.00, two years ago, todays prices are a couple of hundred dollars higher. I would consider repainting an Alco to the Durango & Silverton NG whenever they get the paint job they are going to put on them, but if it’s that maroon color scheme I wouldn’t waste my time on doing it. It should be some colors that the Rio Grande had back in the day.

trainman

The D&S says that 101 and 107 will remain in the yellow/green with “Durango & Silverton” speed lettering on the long hood. They want to keep some of the WP&Y heritage of the units by retaining the paint jobs, which I guess are still in good shape. Right now I am hoping to trade my live steam loco I have for sale for one of the factory yellow/green units. I have found a couple that are custom painted from the early 2055 blue/white units. But till I sell the steamer or funds get freed up, all I can do is look. I also watch ebay, the most current version in yellow/green with sound and MTS in it from the factory is going around $999ish as they were much more expensive from MLGB.

Mike Toney said:

The D&S says that 101 and 107 will remain in the yellow/green with “Durango & Silverton” speed lettering on the long hood. They want to keep some of the WP&Y heritage of the units by retaining the paint jobs, which I guess are still in good shape. Right now I am hoping to trade my live steam loco I have for sale for one of the factory yellow/green units. I have found a couple that are custom painted from the early 2055 blue/white units. But till I sell the steamer or funds get freed up, all I can do is look. I also watch ebay, the most current version in yellow/green with sound and MTS in it from the factory is going around $999ish as they were much more expensive from MLGB.

Pic of a WP&Y repaint for my RR, trainman

Looks great John. Here is a video link to the Pearse live steamer I am trying to trade/sell to get one of these yellow/green WP&Y Alcos. So if you have one of those Alcos with factory sound in that color scheme and fancy a nice live steamer. Here is your chance to get one.