Large Scale Central

Waldbahner's Garden Railroad

Hi folks,

I like to share an update on my garden railroad construction. A lot has happend since the last update so here we go.

First of all, a survey team figured out, that there was a possibility to extend the dead-end trail track at the wye and to climb the following slope uphill.

For a long time, I thought this section would be to steep, but finally, I can take the hill with a maximum of 4%.

To make this section of the track some more interesting, I added some rocks from sandstones, forming a cut.

Inspired by this unexpected track extension, I just continued the track uphill to the edge of the new errected garden shed.

Beside the garden shed, I also made a raised gardening bed for vegetabels and a lower bed for tomatoes and zucchini. The lower section got some stone framing.

Latest idea was, to lead the track behind and around the garden shed to get the maximum length of track. But I soon realized, that it will become difficult to keep this section of track free from weeds. Additional, the narrow pathway will become less accessable, once there are rails on the ground as well. So the survey team is now out to find an alternative route for further track expansion.

Beside the railroad construction, I did some common logging operation, mostly with my 3-truck Shays. Since I finished some more log cars (total of 12 by now), I was able to run two separate trains.

Gerd

Looks good Gerd.

Waldbahner said:

I like that Easter egg tree you have planted…(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

Nice work Gerd.

The empire is growing, Gerd. Now just add an industry spur or twelve along the new expansion. The possibilities are endless. Thanks for sharing your journey with us.

Thanks for the feedback.

I forgot to tell that I sold all my Colorado-style rolling stock early this year, so the garden railroad will be 100% logging railroad for my US-style and Romanian log trains.
Therefore I’ll just add one or two loading spurs along the “main line” and that’s it.

Gerd

You do have room now for a pond with a dump rack and saw mill …

Image result for saw mill pond

Hm… I still have a part-build garden-texture sawmill-kit somewhere in my shop…
Let’s see if I can find a fine place for it along the layout.

Gerd