Large Scale Central

Visiters to the Bluestone Southern

The stray moose, elk and deer that wander through the WI&M out in my back 40 know better than to step on the track. Said ordinance is enforced by GYSGT John Basilone, aka “Gunny,” a cross between a Border Collie and sumpin else. He takes the 11 General Orders seriously, especially the First: “I’ll walk my post from flank to flank, and salute all bastards above my rank.”

Holy cow…um, pun not intended. lol

Sure does makes that one feral cat that I keep having to run off my railroad seem like not an issue anymore. lol.

With a feral cat around, there are lots of pests you won’t have to worry about.

That’s true Tom. I just wish he’d quit leaving me presents. I’ve renamed my rolling hills to cat s!*t mountain. lol

Golding has a place on his railroad called “Cat dump.”

Haa Tom, the infamous “Cat Dump Mine” is just a memory. There are pictures. And yes, it was named because of those golden deposits that were always found, while working on the track. “Shadow”, our resident cat, is a descendent of those culprits and has been with us since the “Fall Ops of 2004”.

The “Cat Dump Mine” location is now a sidewalk.

Cat Dump. Its funny how we come up with names. I have “Resignation Bridge” that was built to cross over “Prostitution Rock”.

David Maynard said:

Cat Dump. Its funny how we come up with names. I have “Resignation Bridge” that was built to cross over “Prostitution Rock”.

That reminds me of “Cathouse Flats,” where we had our Boy Scout Camporees, near Blewett Pass in Central Washington. You can’t make this stuff up, folks.