Large Scale Central

Very interesting use of railroad artifacts in the garden RR

Riding a caboose is way cool. The ones that I have ridden in “aren’t the best riding” on the rails, But setting in the cupola and watching the world go by,and having all those on the rail side wishing that they were up there with you, makes the ride well worth it. When you’r up there, let your mind drift back to all the railroad men that have sat in that seat, and put in a long days work.

Steve Featherkile said:
I found this on the OGR forum. Take a look at the use of the rail as a bridge.
Hmm, I hope that bridge is strong enough! ;)
Ken Klipple said:
And all I have on the layout are a few 90 lb. rail bridges, a couple of signals and a NS (Formerly N&W) Caboose!
:O !!!!!!

Too, too cool!!!

I would kill for a caboose of my own! Well, maybe not kill, but I would definitely give someone a noogie. :wink:

Should be fun. Looking forward to a full report. :wink:

Todd Haskins said:
I like it! I have a genuine piece of the rack from the cog railway up Mount Washington in NH that I have been trying to fit into my layout for years now. I was originally thinking it would make a nice bridge similar to that piece of rail in the first photo. Our track fits nicely on top of it. I just haven't found the perfect spot for it yet so it is a static conversation piece leaning up against a tree.
Oh, do it, Todd, fast! I'd love to see the result!

Ken Klipple said:

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/logskidder/_forumfiles/FILE0007T.jpg)

At a guess, I’d say a railfan probably lived here…