Large Scale Central

USA's Hudson? Did one get posted?

Morning
I looked thru all 12 pages and didn’t see a review of USA’s Hudson.
Nick did you wright one up? Could you wright one up?
Just trying to see what i got myself into?:wink:

Ten years ago you might have gotten a review…

tac
Ottawa Valley GRS

Sean, I’ve had one since they first came out, haven’t had any problems with it. Mine came without the sound system, but the Phoenix system dropped right in, even the smoke chuff worked just fine, there was a wiring change so it would puff correctly. I have seen posts where others have had problems with the smoke generator, but I haven’t experienced any. nick jr

Thanks nick.

I haven’t have the chance to Run mine to much yet.

Sean, when you do get a chance to run it, let me know what you think. just a tip on the plug that connects the loco and tender. I use a pair of long nosed pliers to grasp it so the wires don’t dislodge from the plug, don’t just pull the cable, fit can be very tight and not much room for fingers.

Nick Jr said:

don’t just pull the cable,

Isn’t that common knowledge??

Evidentially not to all, at least two posted pulling the plug off due to the very tight fit of the socket and the small space to grasp the plug.

Sean, I found on Google that Garden Railways March 2006 had a review of the USAT Hudson. If someone has that issue maybe they can help you more.

Nick

Do you use Aristo’s x-wide switches, did you have a problem with the Hudson going thru them?

Sean, I had no trouble with the wide 10’ diameter 203 series switches both forward and reverse.

My tenders trailing truck likes to jump the track.

I haven’t herd of that one, and I’m sure you checked all of the obvious. Hopefully some one will read this and chime in. Let me know if you want to compare any measurements of the truck. Good Luck

Might want to check the gauge of the wheels on the tender. Later RJD

R.J. DeBerg said:

Might want to check the gauge of the wheels on the tender. Later RJD

HHHmmmmmmmmmm :wink: I’ll definitely give that a look see!

Since you have so much ‘common knowledge’, I assumed that would have been the first measurement you had checked.

Since you have so much ‘common knowledge’ ( Known to fade once in a while!!)

OK

I took the time to really look @ the tender. The back truck is being hindered from full side to side movement by the V looking thing that goes over the Kadee box.

This piece is attached with 2 screws. I removed this piece( That is what the hoses etc. are attached to). I will not or any one on my railroad will notice it missing. Charlie Brown asked if it is needed to pull freight . Nope Kadee will do all the work! Let it go then, put it were we can find it if it is needed later!

If the rain stops today, I might get a chance to put the Hudson thru some more testing.