Large Scale Central

Updating my website

Not exactly modeling, but related…I’ve been working on a new design for my website, using new, up-to-date software. It took a while to learn the new software but I’m getting the hang of it. So far I’ve finished the home page and all of the major subcategories. The rest of the site consists of hundreds of pages, so I’ll only be updating them as needed and as time allows. Anyway, check it out. Here’s the link…

www.raydunakin.com

4 Likes

Very nice Ray! I’ve been looking at everweb myself. Have you found any cons worth mentioning?

Looks very nice, Ray;
I noticed that you also have a Mac - what software are you using?

Dan, the only “con” I’ve found is that it’s not as intuitive as iWeb was, but on the other hand, it does more. They also have a lot of video tutorials. And every time I got stumped I just posted a question on their forum and they always answered quickly. Now I’m feeling pretty comfortable with it.

Bruce, I’m using EverWeb.

Ray,

Thoroughly enjoying your website. I’m concerned I’ll be replacing my buildings sooner than later. Carving looks pretty straight forward and it’s nice to see you’ve had minor issues with the Harware shop.

Do you tend to buy certain thicknesses and sizes of Sintra Board?
Does it travel well? E.g. would it survive baggage handlers or international shipping?

I use 6mm Sintra for exterior walls and roof, or anything else that needs strength. I use 3mm for floors, and for constructing the removable interior units; as well as for exterior details.

In the past I’ve occasionally used some 1mm or 2mm Sintra but it doesn’t seem to be available in those sizes anymore.

A structure made of Sintra is very tough and should be fine as long as it’s packed well. The only concern I would have for shipping is making sure no exterior details might be knocked off or broken.

Bill,
If you decide to visit his town/RR perhaps you could tell us what is in the fine art jewelry section of the store?

Holy Lee Crap ( 李浩废话) I forgot about that Ray !

excellent as usual

thanks for sharing