Large Scale Central

Update on Ophier on the RGS of NH

as we start to close in on trainops i have been working on updating the base area for Ophier on my railroad.
the old design was a sheet of pink foam 2" thick , with a couple of fit in pieces that never got glued in. the foam has eroded due to UV exposure. further thought on how to expand this came up blank anyway.

So i tore out the main area, including the track and ladder roadbed, and built a secondary deck to support the track and the station, as well as other structures including the tram house (under construction) see all the structures out on the line at trainops.

I still need to mine some more coarse sand for the roads and the platforms, but the station location is firmly positioned by 3/8" square perimeter to locate it.

Al P.

4 Likes

Al, I like it. I wish my layout was outdoor benchwork. I have been working for over a week weeding, realigning track, ballasting etc. Not much fun for a guy my age anymore.

Al, and others;
It has been over a year since your railroad was shown progressing well.
It would be great to hear and see how your construction has progressed, and how is the balasted bench work standing the tests of time…
Fred Mills