Large Scale Central

Update of the Taos & CD elevated RR

Making more progress. The landscape fabric is down, wiring is ready for the track and I have the first switch yard connected. More to do. Next are the mainlines, another switch yard, (more like a passing), and then landscaping. Meanwhile the original ground layout requires attention. Things are looking better. Weather has been good (except for the Pinon Gnats!) Should have made the benchwork a bit wider…for buildings and plantings. But it will work.

Wow Rich great job, That is one nice looking backdrop. Going to be nice for pictures.(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Nice progress…

Good work, but makes my back hurt to look at it!

Looks great, Rich.

Jerry

Looks good Rich, but what are “Pinon Gnats”? I’ve never heard of them in Idaho.

Chuck

Nice!

No-see-ums. Those awful little pests. They belong to the family of biting flies known as Ceratopogonidae. Depending on where you live or visit, the U.S., Canada… Scotland, no-see-ums are referred to by many names. No-see-ums have been called biting midges, midgies, punkies, five-Os, pinyon gnats, black gnats, knotts, moose flies, valley black flies, devil flies, and so on. They suck blood just like those pretty vampires in the movies, but there is nothing pretty about them, or what they leave behind. The saliva from the insect causes terrible welting and some people’s bites result in infected lesions which can lead to severe outcomes and/or scarring.

From;

http://nonoseeum.com/2014/09/nature-and-natural-force/

Darn David, now you make me want to hide inside until it snows! Guess I’ll have take my chances

Thanks for all your comments! I’ll keep you posted as I progress now. Hope to be operational by July 4th. Probably without all the landscaping and plants though. Plants will come next spring.

Best get that landscape fabric covered with rocks or something or you will have to replace it in a month or two. It is not UV safe. I found that out the hard way.

Agreed. Working on that soon.