Large Scale Central

Under Car AB brake details

I haven’t added this to my print catalog yet because I wanted to see if the details printed nice and if the size was right. I designed these parts 1:1 and then used my scale percentage cheat sheet to scale them. This is a set of 1:20.3. And I am not happy with the scaling. The air tank is about 2mm to long and a 1/2mm too large in diameter :stuck_out_tongue:

Now that I know they are sized correctly I will post the 1:24 set and people can print them in their scale using my cheat sheet.

2 Likes

Are you posting these on Shapeways or something?

My intention is to put the files on here for people to use at will. I am considering an etsy store as well. My friend Mike has done that and has quite a little business going. He makes his models for him and then offers them for sale to those who want them. And it turned into quite a little business. I like that idea. By putting my files on here sure I run the risk of someone stealing my design and selling them. If it happens it happens. But more important to me is sharing the hobby. So I will design for me, give the files to my friends here, and probably start selling parts on etsy.

With that said if anyone on here wants parts but doesn’t have a printer, message me.