Large Scale Central

Unavailable for the near future

Bruce Chandler said:

How is Martha doing? How are YOU doing?

She has her post-surgery follow-up today, they are going to remove the cast and staples, then decide whether a new cast is in order or a support boot. Still isnt supposed to be putting any weight on it for another four weeks. Then probably some PT. We’re all pretty worn out here.

Thanks for the update, Bob… Hope the healing continues in a good manner…

Thank you for the report. We were wondering. Hope time goes fast for you guys.

Yes, Bob, thanks for the update!

Bob McCown said:

Bruce Chandler said:

How is Martha doing? How are YOU doing?

She has her post-surgery follow-up today, they are going to remove the cast and staples, then decide whether a new cast is in order or a support boot. Still isnt supposed to be putting any weight on it for another four weeks. Then probably some PT. We’re all pretty worn out here.

Thanks for the update - and wishes for a speedy recovery.

If she’s going to put her weight on it, you will want to make sure that she gets a shoe balancer for the other foot. It goes over any shoe, but it really helps to keep your hips from developing problems.

Thanks all. Cast is off, stitches and staples are out. Its back tightly wrapped and she has a removable air boot on it. Still no weight bearing, but another followup next Friday.

Off to the beach for some salt water therapy ?

Great news…

Bob McCown said:

Thanks all. Cast is off, stitches and staples are out. Its back tightly wrapped and she has a removable air boot on it. Still no weight bearing, but another followup next Friday.

sounds good!

but stay patient. if broken at or near an articulation that takes time.

the last time i fell from a horse, i went for weeks on crutches and for (too many) months with a walking stick.

How is Martha doing?

Quick update. Martha’s ankle is healing nicely, and she’s starting weight-bearing on it with the assistance of an ankle brace and crutches. I’m getting a bit more time to work on the new site (I’ll post photos and information in that thread when I have a bit of time)

Good news , Bob! Hope it keeps on the far track to unassisted walking, running and any other activities she is missing out on!!

Glad to hear that Martha’s ankle is healing…