Large Scale Central

Turntable needed.

Does anyone know of someone who could custom build a 36" Turntable? Drop in pit to use on benchwork, with a flange to hold it in place. 36" deck at track level. Thanks.

Eaglewings will do it for you, they have done many.

Greg

John Bouck said:

Does anyone know of someone who could custom build a 36" Turntable? Drop in pit to use on benchwork, with a flange to hold it in place. 36" deck at track level. Thanks.

That would be a fun project to tackle. Add it to the ever growing list. Are you hoping for remote operation, motor driven, hand operated? What era and style?

Hand operated, more of a modern pit design rather than a gallows design.

http://forums.mylargescale.com/42-news/14966-two-new-turn-table-mechanisms.html

Greg, Thanks for the lead. I remembered someone made them, I’d just forgotten who.

Oh totally fun project. Break out the MIG welder I am ready. Like I need another project.

As I remember, they made a very nice, robust center bearing and would custom make it in any diameter you wished.

Regards, Greg

Here is the web site http://www.eaglewingsironcraft.com/turntable.php

not cheap

Oh holy cow. Not cheap is an understatement.

It’s heavy duty, quality stuff if you are not familiar with Dan’s creations. Powder coating something that large is not cheap in of itself.

Greg

It is very nice workmanship from what I can see and is great looking no doubt.

Anything from Eaglewings is pricey and beautiful.

yes it is a little pricey, but you get what you pay for. as a owner of a 12ft. arch bridge, lift bridge and more that have been out close to 10 years in new england and look almost the same as the day i got them, i can not say that about other bridges i have.

An analogy is my track, I bought SS track, a lot more than brass or anything else. But 10 years later it is still perfect, and no maintenance.

Same with the sturdy and quality construction of Dan’s creations.

Greg

Thanks for all the tips. I’ve emailed Dan for info.