Large Scale Central

Turnout linkage

Is there a “How to write an Article” format to follow? Or do you just write it up as a subject in the Forums and someone magically say “poof” this is now an article?

Ric Golding said:
Is there a "How to write an Article" format to follow? Or do you just write it up as a subject in the Forums and someone magically say "poof" this is now an article?
Ric, check out the FAQ http://www.largescalecentral.com/FAQ/ - towards the bottom of the page. Let me know if you have any more questions, or if we need to change the FAQ.

Thanks Bruce never thought of reading the instructions. I’ll put it in my pile of “to do’s”. I’m already up to “How to use my Beta Video Recorder”. So I’ll be getting to this new instruction packet shortly. :wink:

At least I now know where it is that I haven’t read. :wink:

So seriously, if you’ve reported a bunch of stuff as you’ve done it, like your boxcab, then do you edit and lump all that stuff into an article? Is that how its done?

Ric Golding said:
Is there a "How to write an Article" format to follow? Or do you just write it up as a subject in the Forums and someone magically say "poof" this is now an article?
Ric, If I can write an article, ANYBODY can write one...............:

http://www.largescalecentral.com/articles/view.php?id=37

Ken and All,
Did as you said and the Article was posted this evening.

Just completed the replacement of the last turnout at Cat Dump. Every outside turnout on the KVRwy now has Tenmille ground throws as described in this article. This certainly is not a posting that I thought I’d be doing on the 10th of January. Global warming has provided us with an extra large work window. The total outside project has been the conversion of 53 turnouts. Oh, I’ve got a couple of sidings I want to install, but that isn’t part of this project. Feels good to have it done. Just had to tell someone.

You know, squirels find Tenmille ground throws particularly tasty[:D]

Way to go Ric. I’m glad someone is enjoying Global warming. All it’s brought to us is rain…and more rain…and still more rain…:frowning: Oh, yes and wind…!!

Gee, I wish I could get some global warming around here. The temp outside is bloody cold, 18F and the sun is shining and the skys are CAVU.

24 hours makes a big difference doesn’t it Steve. Temp’s dropping like a rock in free fall. Tonight will be bitter cold. HJ must be out doing the midnight nudie dance with Fred…:lol: Weather report calls for fairly clear weather for the next few days…but we have to pay for it with bitter cold. :frowning:

ANNOUNCEMENT

Global warming is over :confused: It’s currently -1F I think Steve must have joined HJ and Fr. Fred with that midnight nudie dancing…:smiley:

We now return to the original programming.

I like the Tenmille ground throws and am considering them on some of the more reachable sidings for my indoor layout. Mainline turnouts and those that my catenary will interfere with will continue to be powered. I like the looks of switch stands but I’m afraid that they are too delicate and my clumsy paws would wreck them.

I put them on the outside because I couldn’t maintain the LGB or Aristo style groundthrows and I have been happy with Caboose Industries ground throws from HO. I agree the switch stands are to fragile. Hell, I know one I’d probably take out with the lawnmower.

The KVRwy has the Aristo ground throws on the portable steam track, because it never stays outside very long. They may get changed to Tenmilles this next year.

Inside, I have all LGB 1600’s, 3 are electric, because they are up in the air above my sight line and uneasy to reach. The rest are thrown by hand. I have thought about putting the Tenmilles on the “Timesaver” and the other yards, but I have gotten real comfortable with throwing them quickly by hand and yes (shutter) sometimes running through them, letting the equipment slip the points. Some of these may be changed to Tenmilles in the future. The jury is still out on that.

Warren Mumpower said:
2HJ must be out doing the midnight nudie dance with Fred....
If Fred or anyone around here has been doing the midnight nudie dance lately, they'll have lost certain ... ummm ... appendages. It is getting just a little chilly after sundown, though not as bad as the Prairies.

Sorry you missed the last one, Chris. It was back in December. The next one is on January 19th, at 23:59. The next full moon. Always on the midnight of a full moon.

It looks like I’ll sneak in one “Nude Sundance” on the 14th of July. The night of the full moon will fall on the Saturday night of the 2007 Invasion.

Fred Mills said:
Sorry you missed the last one, Chris. It was back in December. The next one is on January 19th, at 23:59. The next full moon. Always on the midnight of a full moon.
I think I'll pass, Fred. If I'm up after midnight horrible things happen, no matter whether I'm fed or not, wet or dry. As for full moons ... it's just too horrible to contemplate ... Mr. Hyde is but a pipsqueak by comparison, Godzilla a garden lizard ... Who ya gonna call?

Don’t feel like you are alone, Chris. In this weather I’ll stick to wearing my red flannel drop bottoms…:smiley: Fred can dance alone. :confused: