Large Scale Central

TrinityRail PD5125 Pressure discharge Hopper

I have a personal goal to build 12 pieces of rolling stock a year. So far I have 7 “whale bellies”, 3 Trinity 3281’s and this is number 11.
There are (70) CNC milled parts, (27) 3d printed parts, grabs cut and bent from electric fence wire and Evergreen plastic tube bits for piping. GATX Leased to Thrall Family Malt for my craft brewing customers.

Top and sides milled from PVC lumber. Not all the parts shown.

5 Likes

looking great!

the best 1/29 scale manufacturer in the business strikes again

Wow that is awesome, your skill is amazing!!

Awesome work!!!

Amazing as always. I love seeing the details!

Dan, your skill and technique are amazing. Soup to nuts, at each step of the process, your creations are exquisite.

As always outstanding work Dan !!!

Calling Shawn Viggiano as Dan needs to sign my ass but my ass is full so I need the clean back of my ass… I learned a long time ago (from old guys) you should always have a back up ?

1 Like

umm :+1:
I think?
I dunno.

1 Like

Dan, that is amazing. How long have you been doing this? And What is PVC LUMBER?

I am correct in assuming you did the details on a resin printer? I’ve only mixed resin by hand and found it didn’t do well in temperatures over 40deg C. Is that an issue for you?

Bill

Thanks Bill! I started about 7 years ago with 3d printing G scale cars/parts. 2 years ago I bought the CNC. PVC lumber is mostly boards sold as house trim that are solid PVC so they don’t rot. It mills easily.

Yes, the grey parts at the bottom of the parts pic are 3d printed resin. I try to minimize the use of resin as it is not intended to be used for finished parts and certainly the most likely to fail. It helps if the part is thicker than 5mm or backed with plastic.