Large Scale Central

Trestle Math!

Ok, I’m not good at math help me out. Have a 12" rise. How long does the trestle have to be to make a 1% 2% or 3 % grade.

Thank You . Bryan

A 1% grade rises 1 inch over 100 inches, 2% rises 2 inches over 100 inches, etc.

Sooooo, if you want to go up 12 inches, you’d need 1200 inches to go up a 1% grade, 600 to go up 2%, etc.

Of course it might be a good idea to build up part of the area approaching the trestle location so you aren’t building that thing for the next 5 years!

Jon.

Jon Foster said:
Of course it might be a good idea to build up part of the area approaching the trestle location so you aren't building that thing for the next 5 years!

Jon.

Of course…the would ensurethat ya had something to do in your freetime!

Yikes ! thats 8 ft. an inch.
No telling what some of my grades are then.

Thanks Bart, John, Bob

Bart, why do you have a picture of TOC on your sig !

Now you know why I called it the “Helix from Hell”. It was like the Energizer Bunny, it just kept going and going and going.

Boy, I forgot how much fun you guys are!

Jon.

Jon, for some reason I thought you were the Shay Guru.
Who was that back in the old days on LSOL ?

Bryan, that was um hold on… Dang… Um, Rick Henderson? Ya, I think that’s who it was.

I have a close-up shot of our Shay on the front page of our site. Maybe that’s why you thought I was him???

Jon.

Bryan Johnson said:
Bart, why do you have a picture of TOC on your sig !

Who says its TOC? It don’t have a beard, besides he ain;t stogie chomping engineer out there, and he sure ain;t cornered the market on attitude! Incidentally I’m “shayguru” from the LSOL days!

Bart, that was you? Guess I’m getting old…

Jon.

Jon Foster said:
Bart, that was you? Guess I'm getting old...

Jon.

ain’t we all…:wink:

nOpe!!!1 NOT ME!!!

I thought it was Rick Henderson.Or was he the rivet counter.
Ok here’s anothe one. Whos the guy that had a layout running through the whole house ? Not on the ceiling, but waist high. Did’nt live in it , converted for the layout.

I don’t remember that one at all.

Jon.

What’s in a name ? LSOL days I was splitrack and I don’t know why !!

Cheers,

…I wonder if the party you are trying to remember is that fellow who would burn the house down to make smoke in a Deseasal…the infamous “White Kitty”.

…I wonder what old White Kitty is doing these days…heard he went to "O"scale…he sure faded fast; must have been all the smoke…!!!

That’s old Clay Fugitte ! Always testing smoke units and making smoke fluid. Then he came down with heart trouble, coincidence !

I remember Clay too.

Jon.