Large Scale Central

Trash can train

This seems like a required project. Next Mik?

2 Likes

Some very ingenious solutions there. Maybe I can do something similar to bring stove pellets in from the garage :grin:

Something like “Project must actually serve a 1:1 purpose?” perhaps? I’ve been ideating upon the notion of a set of disconnects with a gimballed gantry that could deliver a martini / mai tai / margarita! This will, of course, require some mastery of the Saw!

Eric

Might be an interesting summer-time contest when we’re outside in the yard and gardens.

Files this idea under “because I could” . What a slick idea and what incredible engineering skill that went into building all of that but instead of spending all that time and money to build this I would just walk the cans to the curb especially since it is only once per month.

I always thought it would be cool to setup a mail train. A gondola car would be parked in the specially designed mailbox and when the postman comes the engine would be sent down to bring the loaded car up to the house.
I have used my trains to bring firewood from the pile down back to the house but this was more for fun.

Here is a video of my Garratt making a firewood run.

1 Like

I think somebody had a corn on the cob rack unit train to transport vegetables from the garden to the house.

Have fun, David Meashey

Wow, that would be a great dog-walker! G-gauge didn’t work for that… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Nice find Jim, thanks!