Large Scale Central

TrainOps 2024

Some pictures of the Eastbound test train. Found one switch throw that wouldn’t. Fixed that.

Ahhh Haaahhhh…That’s the brick breaking loco!!

1 Like

That’s actually MY 45 tonner, which was not responsible for the aforementioned incident.

Correct. It was mine with the hacked R/C in a gondola…

2 Likes

Looking forward to attending TrainOps… vicariously.
Two questions, Bob

• what did you construct your bridge with? It looks like concrete?
  • will your 2024 Mik be making an appearance on the layout?

The viaduct is 2x lumber construction, and PVC board sides. There’s a build thread here, but the pictures are currently gone, I have to fix that. Here’s one of the pictures of it

2012-07-08_15-37-54_546

Not sure about the fencing, I’m really trying to get everything in place.

EDIT: Fixed my pictures in the Viaduct build thread.

1 Like

The bridge inspector was out today and found some conditions that required repair.

bridge 44A has been out in the weather since 2008. a couple of years ago i brought it inside and repaired all the bottoms of the Bents. most of the deck is still in good condition, but will require replacement down the road. the ballast regulator has been out today as well.

2 Likes

Looking forward to running on the RGS of NE again soon!

looks like a good start to the weekend.Capture

Moved the coal company temporarily to the switch that will be eventually for another industry that will take up most of that empty space.

Might even have the other yard up and running, sans turntable. Maybe it’ll just be a couple more industries for Dead Rooster Gulch. Benchwork needs a bit of fixing.

Isn’t that the first one built ?

Second one. This has been out-of-service since before Covid.

Bridge in service. Grade out of Dead Rooster Gulch needs some work.

3 Likes

We’ll be arriving at the campground around lunch tomorrow. If you need any help finishing up, just give me a ring and we’ll pop over. I think you have my cell.

Just to bring everyone up to date, operations On the RGSNH are scheduled to start at 9 am. lets get an early start as the humidity will be rolling in. I will have cool sugar free lemonade and fruit punch on hand in the fridge. plenty of shade in the barn or just outside in the morning. Stay as late as you want but many folks head for Bob’s in the afternoon. Bring your own chairs as well as i am limited in that area.

Our SJR&P Railway is ready for Sundays TrainOps ops session

This morning we completed the new culvert and planting in Niobe and put that section of the railroad back in service.

On Sunday we will open at 9AM and start operations around 10AM.

Stan

NVRY is in good shape. I didn’t get the second yard in complete service (no turntable or wye) but we’ll be using three of the sidings as industries. You’ll either need to back in and run out, or run in and back out, depending on direction of travel.

And I’m working on some quick and dirty signs for those sidings that have no buildings on them yet.

A bit more progress.

Last minute panic as I was vetting the ops software. Realized that by having the rear yard as a branch line, I lost the warehouse siding at Dead Rooster Gulch. So, quick and dirty single car spur.

And a picture of the track signs. These are quick and dirty PLA+. If they work out well, I will remake them in ASA, since I expect these to warp in the heat.