Large Scale Central

TrainOps 2020, etc

I’m looking to add some more ops sessions this year, and wanted to throw out some information. Details TBD.

First, I’m looking to add an ops weekend mid-May-ish.

Our yard and gardens are on a garden tour June 13th, and I’d like a couple operators here for it, and I’m hosing an Ops session for the NMRA NER Convention on Oct 10, so I figure Ill open the RR for the rest of the weekend as well.

Plus I have TrainOps 2020 penciled in for July 24-25-26.

Interest?

Swing by and pick me up…I’ll operate for June 13th if we can run Amtrak !

Bob,

You said - “Plus I have TrainOps 2020 penciled in for July 24-25-26”.

Sounds great to have other sessions, but the best we can do is one per year. 7/ 24-26 is absolutely fantastic for our schedule. Please pencil us in.

The July one I can make, as long as it doesn’t interfere with Freds. The others I’m not so sure about.

Hope to be there in July.

Jane and I hope to be there in July, providing I can find an Oxygen line long enough to get there…

(or a semi to haul the tanks I’d need…) (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

I think we can make July this year. We did our Denver trip last month. May could be a possibility too if I can get the camper ready in time. Still needs more work (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-money-mouth.gif)

Hey folks

In light of the current situation with COVID, the restrictions around it, the levels of opening up that the states are doing, and numbers of cases coming out of states that have opened back up, I have decided to cancel TrainOps 2020. There are just too many variables right now for me to feel comfortable having a bunch of people around each other for a couple of days.

Sorry for any disappointment. We’ll be back in 2021, we hope!

I completely understand Bob. It’s really unfortunate that this has effed up so many people’s plans, but it’s the right thing to do.

This will be a very quiet summer activity wise, but probably ridiculously loud on our lake as people have nothing else to do.

Man this just gets more fun, every day. Like Jon, I totally understand. However, because of the current restrictions, I was really looking forward to getting to that time of year and back to somewhat normal. Oh well, looks like we’ll have to just go with our on plans. Absolutely unknown and unscheduled at this time. One thing that you can always count on is that everything is always subject to change. Everyone stay safe.

Ric Golding said:

Man this just gets more fun, every day. Like Jon, I totally understand. However, because of the current restrictions, I was really looking forward to getting to that time of year and back to somewhat normal. Oh well, looks like we’ll have to just go with our on plans. Absolutely unknown and unscheduled at this time. One thing that you can always count on is that everything is always subject to change. Everyone stay safe.

Ric,

If you are Jonsen https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Jonsen and wanna drive down here and pick up the boxcabs you talked me into building I’m cool with that ! I will put on my mask as it the only one I have. (note the beak zipper)

Bob McCown said:

We’ll be back in 2021, we hope!

Yes! Prepare now !!