Large Scale Central

Train-Li still the best dual rail bender?

I am planning to get a dual rail bender for my code 250 track. Train-Li still the best to choose? Buddy of mine has an Aristo and I don’t like it at all. May be moving so thought I’d straighten the track as I pick it up to make for easier packing. I do have a single rail bender I’ve always used. But if you try to pull my water deposited rails out of the ties, they will just tear. We have very hard water here.

Would appreciate any comments.

I’d check with RLD Hobbies. They have one that I’ve used at AndyC’s and it worked really well.

I bought a used trains-li off ebay for 190 bucks, it is the cats meow.

Jerry,

I used Bubba’s train-li’s when I rebuilt the layout. I wouldn’t buy anything else.

Don

Ric Golding said:
I'd check with RLD Hobbies. They have one that I've used at AndyC's and it worked really well.
There ya' go again letting that old man take advantage of you! ;)

I’ll trade you the Buick for mine. :slight_smile:
I guess I could throw in a couple brass locos, as well.
:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

It’s the best rail bender I’ve ever used or seen.

I ordered one from Kidman’s.

I’ve used two other brands, and both were more trouble then they are worth, Flipped for the Train-Li, wow what a joy to bend SS track. Not only easy, but precise. And you can put it back on the track after it laid, and tweak a corner or bend to give you perfect transitions. Simply the very best out there, and worth twice the price.

I got it yesterday, seemed to work real smooth on a short piece of track I had in my workroom. Anxious to get out and try it out, but sooo hot and humid!

I have tried many different ones and went with train-li … Costly but it works great ! You can even un do stuff!!
Great product! I loan it to area members of BAGRS and everyone that has used it is happy with it’s operation and performance.

Rich - San Jose CA.

Jerry, you should love it, just too easy to use.

Purchased my Train Li duo bender at last year’s national show in Tacoma. Haven’t used it yet but looking forward to.

You had the bender for a year and haven’t used it???

I’ve had mine (Train-Li bender that is) for several years now…Still have to lay rails in the yard. I did buy the extra rollers for it afterward when I decided to build a portable with Code 250. That’s not started yet either.

Chas

I went over my outer loop with it yesterday. Smoothed out some spots that my centipede tender used to bind up on, pretty impressed with the bender.

I had some usedcode 250 track I got from a guy that got hailed out. Sold most, but kept the kinked pieces, was gonna toss them, but after getting the new bender I slid them into some ties and ran the bender over them. It took out the kinks/twists, so gained about 25" of track that way. No real use for it, but could be handy to have. Can’t go wrong with this bender. So easy to use, with the markings/etc.