Large Scale Central

Train Engineer

Yes - The next level up CRE-55470 uses a receiver that connects to the track. That’s what I run. I use block wiring to handle multiple trains, but only one runs at a time.

Dennis
Jon is right. I have three main lines and use one transmitter and three receivers to controll the trains. I get great range out of it and have loved how it works. I hve even been able to move the power supplies and receivers inside out of the weather and it still works great.

My personal thoughts are you would be happer with the CRE-55470 setup over the basic one.

I took a chance and bought an older TE 5470 27mhz used. Receiver works, transmitter dosen’t. On top it has a slide switch marked 1 and 2. Searched online and only find transmitters with LEDs on top, will these work with my receiver? Any idea where to find one, seems everyone I checked was out of stock.I just want the transmitter if possable. Thanks for all the help guys!

Yes, they are interchangable. Channel 1 and 2 are the same frequencies on both the 2 channel and the 10 channel units.