Large Scale Central

Trackwork at Majestic

Never mind! It’s just me: keep the main clear, keep the moves to the minimum. :wink:

No no no! Clog the main, make it complicated, annoy your operators!

Bob McCown said:
Bob, Exactly...... :) :)

I’m also trying to figure out how to get another siding and a spur between Majestic and Burke, since there is a LOT of trackage up the two loops with nothing in between.

Hans-Joerg Mueller said:
Never mind! It's just me: keep the main clear, keep the moves to the minimum. ;)
I think it depends on the RR. On my NG RR, I really don't worry about blocking the main. Typically, I have two trains per day scheduled - one in the morning, one in the afternoon. There's not that much to block. ;)

When I have more than one person over, we run four trains today and I usually schedule a meet at one of the sidings. But, I still don’t worry about fouling the main.

When we operate on the IPP&W or the KVRY, it’s a different story.

Bruce,

Yep, quite right; it depends on the railroad. One of my “specialties” has been designing the trackage to have industries come off the siding, with the siding long enough to be used as the drilltrack for the industries. This usually results in someone being stuck at one location for any length of time shuffling the cars and the main only being used as the run-around track. Will drive the wayfreight guys nuts and everyone else will be smiling since the traffic keeps flowing.
This scheme works best when two turns start from opposite ends of the line and don’t recessarily meet in the middle. Which means they’ll get into each other’s way at one point or other. All depends on the amount of “work” to be done.

Oh what is the reaction when my scheme is implemented on one or the other railroad in the operating groups. “Who the hell designed this? Must have been Mueller!” :lol: :lol:

Bob McCown said:
...:)....
David Russell said:
Bob McCown said:
It's much more fun to annoy the dispatcher.............;)
Ken Brunt said:
David Russell said:
Bob McCown said:
It's much more fun to annoy the dispatcher.............;)
Exactly.... :) Not to mention other train crews.... :) :)

Since most Narrow Gauge or Branchline Railroads have limited traffic with maybe only one or two trains on the entire line, I don’t think blocking the main is a big thing. Modern, long high speed trains, different scenario.

Ric Golding said:
Since most Narrow Gauge or Branchline Railroads have limited traffic with maybe only one or two trains on the entire line, I don't think blocking the main is a big thing. Modern, long high speed trains, different scenario.
Just don't tell that to the dispatcher on the KVRY! ;)
Bruce Chandler said:
Ric Golding said:
Since most Narrow Gauge or Branchline Railroads have limited traffic with maybe only one or two trains on the entire line, I don't think blocking the main is a big thing. Modern, long high speed trains, different scenario.
Just don't tell that to the dispatcher on the KVRY! ;)
Deep down inside, you've always had problems with authority haven't you? You just need to be nicer to the Dispatcher. She really is a nice person.

And the Consolidation yardmaster is just a big teddy bear! :smiley:

Bruce Chandler said:
And the Consolidation yardmaster is just a big teddy bear! :D
You just keep getting on his wrong side, just like Rooster.

The wrong side being track side?..:wink:

Ric Golding said:
You just keep getting on his wrong side, just like Rooster.
Now what the hell did I do?? ;)

Spy photos from Rodney

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/bob_mccown/Trackwork/Majestic/DSCF1363.JPG)

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/bob_mccown/Trackwork/Majestic/DSCF1362.JPG)

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/bob_mccown/Trackwork/Majestic/DSCF1367.JPG)

hmmmm, looking good there, Bob… Rodney does nice work…