Large Scale Central

Trackmobile (split from Rail Tractor)

Speaking of Trackmobile, here’s something I’ve been noodling with for a while. Loosely based around the Trackmobile Titan.

That’s awesome, might have to have a battery car to run it , unless you can sneak a small unit in there!

It’s gonna be hollow underneath since I print out a test one I’ll see. But there is plenty of room for a motor block.

First test print of the upper part done. Apparently I think in 1:24, because it’s about 20% too small.

I should do this in my own thread…

1 Like

Have the sizing figured out. Cab looks good.

Printing the bottom half next, and working on the cab interior. Just enough of this to look good.

This guy looks like he needs more fiber in his diet! However aside from him I’m curious what your thought’s are for using the Track Mobile and what company/industry would would own it?
Or are you just playing?

This is mostly a “I wonder if I can model this?” experiment. Im not sure one of these will look good in narrow gauge. Plus I dont currently has an industry that will support its own switcher.

OK…Fair enough and just asking . Just like I have been asked about modeling Cabbage units.

You still havent built one… :slight_smile:

I’ve been waiting for you to print one !

Middle part printed. Looks pretty good, about the right shape. Now to figure out the drive train.

Really not sure how Im gonna power this. I think Ill have to do two axles connected internally via chain. Or something. I need to go look through Stock Drive Products’ catalog.

This biggest issue I had was the hard rubber tires getting grip on the rails. Otherwise this set up worked very well with track pickups too boot. Just don’t hire that driver as he’s got a rap sheet a mile long!

1 Like