Large Scale Central

Track puller thingamajig?

Thanks Jerry. I was interested to look at the Splt Jaw bridge clamps, but Jerry’s website is still just a place-holder page like it’s been for nearly a year. I guess it’s not a priority for him. I’ll just have to wait until spring to see them in York.

I use the Hillman clamps on three of my bridges. I like them too. Not sure I really need them at all now that I’m pretty much committed to battery power. They do a nice job of holding the rails in alignment though.

I buy all of my track from Charlie Ro in Malden MA (USA brass). I use his little hex screws and joiners…with not many problems. My track is free floating. In some instances, I have drilled tiny holes in lieu of rail joiners and soldered a piece of solid copper wire to hold the two rails together.

I think the real key is the hex screws and semi - free floating track. I live in New England.

John,

Happened to be perusing an old issue of GR and ran across an ad for the “TtrackerII”

Email: ttracker2 at aol dot com

Address:
Department 17
3735 N.E. Shaver St
Portland, OR 97212

No idea if they are still around, but I think this sounds like what you were looking for.

Bob C.