Large Scale Central

Track "locks"

I was just getting ready to order a bunch of Split Jaws for converting some of my track to power when I accidently saw online the “Conductor” stainless steel track locking device that can be purchased online from San Val. Has anyone tried them? They cost less than Split
jaws.

Yeah, I have seen them and run on them. They work fine but be sure to use them on each rail otherwise they can cause derailments with deeper flanged wheels (if used only on one side). If you want cheaper, I would go with Aristo rail clamps which hold well and only need a philips head screwdriver to tighten them down.

http://www.ridgeroadstation.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=25511930!255

-Brian

I started out with the Hillmans (and split jaws when Hillmans wasnt available) but started to use the Aristocraft rail locks, found them to be a little cheaper and just as dependable.

Will the Aristocraft locks fit on LGB rai;?

Doug Arnold said:
Will the Aristocraft locks fit on LGB rai;?
Yup. I had to switch to them for some AMS flex track because Split Jaws would not stay on. The Aristos are a nice design but can stick out a bit.

-Brian

Ill second the Aristo. I am slowly adding the Aristo clamps to my track. They work great and easy to use. Once you balast the track you cant really see the philip screw head. For the price you cant beat it. You guys now me im all about whats affordable LOL

Paint the Aristos black and they disappear in the ballast.

Disappear in the ballast like track screws?

Tom Ruby said:
Disappear in the ballast like track screws?
Uh huh.

Are ya’ll talking about the clamps that comes with the Aristo track?
Ron

Ron check the date Nov 2009 on last post and yes those are Aristocraft from the link. I have heard that the split jaw are best but are pricey!! RLD has some AML i’m told at a good price! Check em out with Robbie there. Regal

Last I knew, San Val went out of business about 6-8 months ago.

I use Hillman’s rail clamps and have been pleased with them. The new owners said the price on the Hillman website is correct.
Ron

Al Kramer is still in business, sells on ebay, and was at the SWGRS recently in person selling a boatload of stuff.

Ron, this is NOT about the stock crappy joiners that come with the track.

Rail clamps.

The conductor did not work well, in rail alignment in my opinion.

Regards, Greg

All-

Interesting for this to pop up, as I need some rail clamps for last bit of railway.

I have Split Jaws and some eBay ones made in Indiana.

The Split Jaws are great, but pricey. The ones from eBay are OK.

But I like these screw type, can be attacked from the top, and the price point seems good.

As this thread is nearly a year old, how are those Aristo ones holding up?

Greg, I must have missed a product from A/C. I did not know they had rail clamps. I need to do some research. I also have missed their rail clamps at the shows also!
Ron

Garrett said:
As this thread is nearly a year old, how are those Aristo ones holding up?
I've had no Aristo clamps fail in the two years I've been using them. Ralph