Large Scale Central

Track is not Track unless you double the price overnite

You want to play with Track Power and “DCC” please be my guest! However I can come to your railroad and run any time with OUT spending hours claening track and switchs (turnouts) and worring about power connections and super clean wheels! I can charge and run! I use NiMetHyd batteries that hold a good charge for a goood long time, as in weeks!

Likw Cale, I do my own ao I know what is where and if necessary how to get it out and replace it or take it to the TOC and get him to look it over and do his thing.

So go for it, what ever you like!!

Paul

So, let me get this straight. Cale is actually a front for Lewis Polk… :wink:

I put in a 100 foot aluminum track loop last fall, with my only concern being the softness of aluminum (under a canopy of tree branches). It gets a thin layer of oxidation but still looks almost new. And it conducts well enough to work with only one electrical contact point. So this weekend I finally got around to taking down four trees within the layout, careful to not drop them on the track. Sure enough, one rogue branch came down right on a piece, leaving several substantial nicks in the track. Good thing I have several extra pieces on hand just for this possibility.

Despite this drawback, I can’t complain considering all the track was acquired for a little over $1 a foot. Before brass track went up, you could find old stock on the aluminum track for a good price. Naturally, the price on aluminum has now gone up as well.

I did pick up a couple boxes of Piko track and used it in a track I’m building right now. So far I like it. Check back with me in about two years… :wink:

PJ said:
Cale Nelson said:
Be Careful!

Was informed the other night via the tele…“Once you’re in the Battery Mafia there ain’t no getting out!”

Hey Cale,
during or national garden railway show in Phoenix, i talked to several distributes like Air wire and Locolinc. Just could not find any good argument why to switch to battery power, they even convinced me that DCC is the way to go. There is a good reason why we do not manufacture in big quantity’s cars which run just (sole) on battery’s.

Think global Pius

Yep, that big reason is called “big oil.” If drills would use significant gas, we would only have two cycle hand drills.

Paul Lambert said:
So, let me get this straight. Cale is actually a front for Lewis Polk... ;)
Dang...Busted!