Large Scale Central

Tony Walsham

Just read over on ‘the other forum’ that Tony Walsham has passed.

https://www.mylargescale.com/threads/tony-walsham.93070/

Oh, crap. Damn, Tony was a great guy, long supporter here. He will be greatly missed.

what a shame. never met in person but had lot of fun with him razzing rivet counters. RIP

Oh no! Another great supporter of our hobby gone too soon. Prayers to the family and friends

Man … that is sad… :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

Tony was one of the good guys. He was quick to offer help when I was playing around with 2-stick radios even suggesting I buy direct from one of his suppliers.

He will be missed.

Rest in peace Tony. It was great working with you and having you as a long-distance friend for the past 18 years.
Very innovative fellow, and I learned from him, as I’m sure many of you did as well.

Another one gone to the great railway in the sky to soon

Well we’ve lost another great guy. First met Tony at the GR convention in Sacramento, CA in, I think, 1998.
Though I never used any of his products myself he was always there to help and answer questions when I worked on his stuff for somebody else. Will miss him.

I am truly sorry to hear this. Tony was far ahear of his time and will be missed.

Stan

2 Likes

Another fine railroader has passed from our dwindling numbers. I spoke with Tony on the phone a couple of times and he sold me his radio, cables and servos when I first got my Ruby. He was a fine gentleman and always helpful even if you didn’t by from him.

1 Like

As stated already Tony was a great guy and always there to help and share his knowledge.

1 Like

Though I’ve only “known” Tony by way of his posts over the years, I’ve always perceived him to be very knowledgeable and inventive, and having great products. And more importantly, a real gentleman.

Indeed, he will be missed. A sad day for our community.

Very sad news indeed. My condolences to his family and friends.