Large Scale Central

Tom Ruby's Safety Pin Powered Snap Switch

“I proceeded on to do the same for 3 other turnouts, using my calipers to precisely locate the center and a pin-vise with a 1/64” drill bit to bore the holes. Even with this level of precision, they work no better than the one I eye-balled."

Don’t ya just love it when a plan comes together? Precise, accurate, careful measuring comes out about the same as a shot in the dark.

Does anyone have the missing picture or other information on building the snap switch?

TIA

JN

Yup!

Ric Golding said:
Don't ya just love it when a plan comes together? Precise, accurate, careful measuring comes out about the same as a shot in the dark.
1) Measure with a micrometer 2) Mark with chalk 3) Cut with an axe

Thanks for the rapid response, I was searching and on page 10 of this thread I found it. I’ll post in case there are others interested.

Thanks

jn

http://www.largescalecentral.com/LSCForums/viewtopic.php?id=9065

John -

Tom changed his domain name. I just fixed the broken link in my first post. Thanks for pointing that out, and where to find a good copy :smiley:

Thanks.

Somehow, in the midst of bankruptcy, business failure, server hell and moving, I wound up with a main site at outsidetrains.com and tomruby.com redirected to it. Never corrected that.

Bob McCown said:
Ric Golding said:
Don't ya just love it when a plan comes together? Precise, accurate, careful measuring comes out about the same as a shot in the dark.
1) Measure with a micrometer 2) Mark with chalk 3) Cut with an axe
LMAO...:)...now thats funny!
  1. Adjust with a bulldozer

Thanks for the help.

“…I’m not sure if Tom is intentionally keeping the answers secret, or as …”

In another life Tom may have been co-founder of the “Rubiks cube” !

hope ya have a great evening with your pins,

doug c