Large Scale Central

Tim's 2021 Mik - small background refinery

And just so you all don’t think that I’m totally crazy, look at this and notice the similarities…

See!! I’m not so far out of the loop…

If one looks closely, the similarities are even closer on this one.

But just what do they manufacture there?

Todd Brody said:

And just so you all don’t think that I’m totally crazy, look at this and notice the similarities…

See!! I’m not so far out of the loop…

If one looks closely, the similarities are even closer on this one.

But just what do they manufacture there?

Given that the layout has high populations of aliens, monsters, superheroes (and villains), plus wizards and cartoon characters…the answer is

probably something highly dangerous. (then again, gasoline is highly dangerous, so…)

the kind of place where when somebody asks about OSHA, the response is ‘we don’t do seafood here.’

Whatever…

I managed to get it ‘done enough’ last night to enter it into the contest…and pass muster as a background piece. Probably toss a few pallets, aliens, tools, and whatnot onto the front dock area before posting…

Well, as stated, the refinery got ‘done enough’ before the deadline. There were additional details I wanted to add - a ladder for the distillation tower, more pipes, and whatnot, but for a background piece it’ll work. Definitely an improvement over the plaster.

Tossed in a few figures and detail items before the final pics:

Today, as part of the cleanup, I took some leftover wood and cardboard and used them to widen the loading dock for the neighboring industry (always did seem too narrow)

Thats looking good Tim. Nice backdrop piece. I am going to have to make several background pieces so I appreciate the simple yet detailed approach

Devon Sinsley said:

Thats looking good Tim. Nice backdrop piece. I am going to have to make several background pieces so I appreciate the simple yet detailed approach

I am certain your efforts will far surpass mine.