Large Scale Central

Ties

When I first got started in the hobbey I got Aristo brass US style track, thinking that since I was modeling a US RR that was the ties I needed. Not knowing that it was also standard gauge. I really like the way narrow gauge ties look. Part of me is tempted to use real wood for my ties. That way I can get the backwoods logging theme with the different size ties. Maint would not be an issue because i dont have a large RR. I also have seen some nice plastic ties. My question is who makes plastic narrow gauge ties (most realistic) that will fit with code 332 aristo track?

The Aristo “European” ties have narrow gauge spacing for 1:22 (basically meter gauge). They are basically a copy of LGB’s ties. I’m not sure if any of the other arrow gauge ties available from vendors like AMS will fit code 332.

Cutting your own and hand spiking looks wonderful, but it’s a huge amount of work, even with a spiker.

Aristo and LGB European ties, I think are suppose to represent narrow gauge ties, I think. There was a company that made a plastic extrusion tie that looked like a log that had been adzed to shape. Haven’t seen them in years.

Shawn
Just a thought. Have you tried like ripping out a random tie here or there or even every other tie? Easy enough to do and might offer the look your seeking? I remember when you bought the track and I told you to get the Euro ties as they are much more durable. However you had the US ties already.

David Russell said:
Shawn Just a thought. Have you tried like ripping out a random tie here or there or even every other tie? Easy enough to do and might offer the look your seeking? I remember when you bought the track and I told you to get the Euro ties as they are much more durable. However you had the US ties already.
Thats a good idea Rooster. Ill have to give it a try and see how it works.
Shawn said:
Yeah...you still owe me $37.50 for the bents! ....:)....
David Russell said:
Shawn said:
Yeah...you still owe me $37.50 for the bents! ....:)....
Whats your address? I will send it out ASAP. :) Hope you dont mind it all in pennies.

Ties? Never wear them. They just don’t go with a bib.