Large Scale Central

The Usual Suspects

Here is a progress shot of my next series of 1:20 scale figures.

Cool. Looks like some passengers for my coach!

Thanks guys.

Oh, I almost forgot the other part of the set, Clyde.

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/rkapuaala/usualsuspects1sm.jpg)

The Derby actually belongs to him. The dude standing was borrowing it while I worked on his likeness. Now I’m close to the right likeness, I made his real hat.

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/rkapuaala/usualsuspects3sm.jpg)

I’m looking at mid March to early April for shipping. I won’t have them available for pre order till about 2 weeks before the shipping date.

Yep, put me down for the 3 seated figures! Just wish I could have them before the ECLSTS in March, but getting them will certainly help my coach.

I wish I could gt them to your before then Bruce, be good advertisement for me :slight_smile: But I don’t want to rush this. Someday I hope to achieve perfection in my figures, and I can’t do that by rushing no matter how much I need the money :wink:

Richard Kapuaala said:

I wish I could gt them to your before then Bruce, be good advertisement for me :slight_smile: But I don’t want to rush this. Someday I hope to achieve perfection in my figures, and I can’t do that by rushing no matter how much I need the money :wink:

That is refreshing.

Great figures, btw

Bruce,

I got your order. Hope you don’t mind that I will ship it out tomorrow. I have another order that needs to go out tomorrow and with the post office being so far away now and the cost of gas so high, I like to combine those two trips.

Sounds good to me. Too bad I wasn’t smart enough to get these on my last order. :wink:

I’m glad you’re making more seated people!

Richard, would you have a site of your own where we can view your wares? Do you keep an inventory of past figures?

Dan Padova said:

Richard, would you have a site of your own where we can view your wares? Do you keep an inventory of past figures?

Dan, my site is http://scalehumans.com

These figures aren’t available yet, if everything goes smoothly they will be available for pre order 2 weeks before the release which I am hoping will be late March but will definately be by mid April.

Bruce, I realized the on coach I have is so empty, I never felt compelled to finish the other one which is almost complete. Once I fill all the seats in that coach, maybe I’ll move on :slight_smile:

Rich,

Would love to see all in 1:13.7…expensive I know. I see where you noted that the surface of the prints were a tad rough when you get them back. The U of Pa has developed a system whereby the prints are given a misting of acetone. Reall smooths out the masters without loosing detail. I will try to send the details to you later.

Noel

Noel,

Acetone works for the slightly rough, but it does remove a lot of detail and makes the material spongy for a couple of weeks and it is impossible to make a mold then.

BTW, the 1:13 scale prints are available, but I can’t afford to make molds, there are just not enough people doing that scale and I’ve been more or less financing everyone elses figures in SE out of my pocket. I’m on fixed income and can’t afford to loose money on it.