Large Scale Central

The Sunday Steam Train Excursion

The temperature was up to near 50 today and much of the snow had melted so work was halted on the engine house build and the Heisler was fired up to haul the Sunday Steam Excursion Railfan Train.

In season the Steam Railfan Train is run every Sunday but today management decided to run it on a whim. Sadly there were few riders and not one of them braved the open air car even though the pot belly stove was nice and hot. Perhaps the low attandance was due to it being Super Sunday and there is some type of bowl game tonight but who knows. Anyways I heard the train coming, grabbed my camera and snapped this photo.

Nice Picture…

Looking good! Had nice temps here too. As soon as I got a train made up and out on the line it started to rain :[

Looks good Todd. More snow today and then wed again. The mild weekend was nice while it lasted.

When I was down in Hyanis Sat, the temps were in the 50"s. Not much snow.
Of course we had some snow last night with more for Wednesday!
Spring is comong after Mud season!

Oh ya Nice pic!

Thanks guys
It snowed all day long yesterday but only left about 5" of heavy stuff. Tomorrow we are to get more of a sloppy mix so no trains are planned to run.

Sean you were not too far from me Saturday, we are only about another 20 minutes East of Hyannis. When the weather gets better and the trains are back on a regular schedule we will have to plan a layout tour.