Large Scale Central

The mainline is finished!

Completed the mainline today and ran an inspection train to check bridge, trestle and trackwork.

Fine job,
It’s always nice to get things “hooked up” and finally run :slight_smile:
Ralph

Looking real good Randy! I think your guys are going to need some rather large equipment to load this nice piece of timber on to the train :smiley:

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/kettle_valley/_forumfiles/IMG_0937.JPG)

Whoops Jon…Might have to get Shawn over to move that. BTW the TE is working great as well!

Very nice, Randy!

The Bug Mauler being the test engine makes me chuckle as I can just here the forman telling "The don’t send the brand new engine over! Send the oldest one over! "

Awesome!!!

-Kevin.

Great progress Randy. Time to RUN trains!

Looks great! Terrific woodworking.

Sweet!

Randy,

Your railroad looks s-o-o-o good! Very nice indeed! I love that trestle work too.

Congratulations on the opening of the mainline. Did you have a ceremony? :slight_smile:

Looking good!

Nicely done Randy.

Congrats Randy on your first run. Layout looks great. Ill let you relaxe a little and run trains. Ill be up their in a week to get that wood :slight_smile:

Congrats, Randy… Nice shots and railroad…

Oh what a feeling! :smiley: :smiley: It does look good.

Thanks guys, it’s great to be able to run some trains. Now onto add some sidings and industries.

@Bruce I know you used AMS 250 on your RR like I am using. How long before it loses the ‘shiny gold look’?

You’ve been busy!
Nice Job. AAA+++

Randy McDonald said:
@Bruce I know you used AMS 250 on your RR like I am using. How long before it loses the 'shiny gold look'?
There's always paint :) http://www.cvsry.com/car_%26_loco_mods.htm#Track%20Weathering%20Tutorial
Randy McDonald said:
Thanks guys, it's great to be able to run some trains. Now onto add some sidings and industries.

@Bruce I know you used AMS 250 on your RR like I am using. How long before it loses the ‘shiny gold look’?

It depends…but I’m not sure on what. :wink:

I started seeing changes in just a few months and now that it’s been down for years it’s got a real nice dark color.