Large Scale Central

The ER&I Flyer

The ER&I ordered their Willamette Yarder from Williams Logging Supply ( a subsidary of SWC Backshop) last year. It stayed outside all winter rusting and awaited the arrival of the lumber for the sled.

The sled lumber recently arrived by rail, so work will begin on the project. This will be a fully covered yarder with all the bells and whhistles. The crew has already named it the ER&I Flyer.

I will document it here with more postings. Stay tuned!

Forgot to add: It is 7/8 scale. (And so are the buildings in the background)

1 Like

1 Like

Looking forward to following along with this build, John.

The crew decided to deck the entire sled except where the donkey sits.

2 Likes

John, that’s some excellent joinery, good job.

looking good!

What fun!

Mocking up the shed uprights.
Checking to water tank deck and better see if the donkey fits between the roof trusses.

2 Likes

A little roof work.
Boys,
I may not get this finished in a timely matter like I want to.
My wife was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s last year and I am becoming a care taker more and more.
I have not been in the shop for three months. All my modeling is on the computer in the house where I can keep an eye on her.

Oh man John, we are sorry to hear that you and your family are having to deal with that horrible disease.
Our prayers for you and your wife.

3 Likes

Similar to the Flyer. Built by Willamette. Uprights on the outside of the skids. Fully decked. Rigged with a derrick on the front, it looks like.

It is built with a 53’ skid mounted on a flatcar. I’m guessing it never left the rails. It wasn’t used deep in the backwoods.