Large Scale Central

The End of the Superchief, and Other Stuff

I’m probably not doing this the right way, but I want to get rid of a bunch of oddities that have languished in storage for years. The following is a rough inventory, and the items will generally need to be sold to people who have some concept of restoration-- none of the stock has been run for more than a few minutes–some not that much. All should be thought of as that 1949 La Salle gathering inches of dust in some forgotten barn. Here’s what I’ve got— it will all go goodbye, no reasonable offer refused.
1)USA AT&SF ABA F7’s. Run no longer than 5 min. Throw in a phoenix sound system(not installed)
2) Six Aristocraft AT&SF Corrugated passenger cars, including dome and obs. Never run.
3)LGB Uintah Mallet with Sierra sound from Jon @ St. Aubin Station. Test run forward and reverse on a test track about 5 min.
4) Two boxes LGB disconnect logging trucks #41770-- never out of box
5) First Edition Bachmann Annie with Phoenix sound-- ran a couple laps at Karrell’s rancho in Tucson.
6) Old Bachmann 2-4-2 Southern, never run. Said to be poor performers in their day
7)LGB Mogul – no tender— weathered, never run-- basket case exterior
8) Geoffbuilt Live steam Shay with oscillator. Never run, cosmetically fooled-with
There comes a time when you just know you ain’t going to get to it. I will make as good a deal as possible for you all. You pay actual shipping, as well.
Again, this equipment has been idle its whole life and stashed in various garages, storage sheds, etc., for many years. Here’s contact info— I will work with you 'til the stuff is gone— I have an extremely poor knowledge of the value of any of this, nor of the logistics of selling…
John Egert
Socorro, NM
[email protected]
575-937-4960

message sent

LGB mogul, which model? 3 wires at rear or 6 wires. # on bottom or cab #?

John- PM sent.

-Kevin.

Guys— I will run over to the storage unit tomorrow(Tues) AM and check the three items in question and get back to you---- you can see I’m dangerously disorganized on this…
john

John I also sent a PM
Mike

MIKE— Can you resend your email— I didn’t receive it. Finished health matters today, will get back to all tomorrow…

John sent again
Mike

Mike— I’m just not getting your emails, and don’t know why… What were you interested in?? I’'ll get it from storage tomorrow and take phots, etc.
john

John log disconnects and mogul
Mike

Dan & Mike---- Mogul has twox3 strand wires-- total six-- into plug to attach to tender which, God knows why not, I don’t have. I need my Gearhead son to post photos, if desired. Loco has weathering, etc., but no run time.
Mike— disconnects are spoken-for…
john

Any info John ?

John I am interested in the mogul send me a pm since you are not getting mine
Mike

Dave— I didn’t get your email either— what the hell is happening??? What are you interested in???
Mike— I will try your pm
john

John not an E-mail, but a PM.At the top of any page on this site if you are signed in there is a box that says updates and a box that says messages. Both of yours should be red or flashing which says you got a message from someone on the site. I’m interested in the pass cars by Aristo. Do you have any baggage cars ?

Jesus H.!!!— I am such a technomoron, and am exposing that ugly fact to public view… I suppose the “message” button with (5) messages should have tipped me off… How long, O Lord, How long!!
OK. I do have a baggage car, but was hoping to sell the cars as a group. I’ve had one enquiry about them and I’d like to see if that pans out. I’ll let you know, unless my braindeath is total by then.
j

THe mogul having a 6 wire connector with 6 wires means it had a sound tender and the rear axle has the sensor. 2 sets of 3 wires is the non MTS unit as MTS had 3 sets of 2 wires.

John sent another pm
Mike

Guess that means my message asking about the disconnects is lost in the shuffle.

John I believe all is sold
Mike