Large Scale Central

The Beaver Creek Railroad on facebook

I have loved attending and marvelling at layouts over here in the UK and also looking at those on forums and web, Youtube etc etc. I am constantly amazed at the wonderful skills that folk have got and how their train ‘worlds’ have sprung into existence and flourished.

Back in 2006 I started my little empire and it gradually grew and developed its own sort of personality. I like detailing and, although keeping everything ship-shape in the outdoors is a challenge over here with our weather, I try to maintain a detailed layout all year around with very few things except locos and prized pieces of rolling stock being kept in storage.

I do tend to cover the scratch-built wood buildings but seeing how Shawn’s wonderful KMR layout structures brave all the elements, I might just leave the covers off this winter…

Our ‘backyards’ tend to be on average, a lot smaller than those across the pond but with negotiation with our ‘managements’ we can expand as much as we dare…

There have been a few changes to the layout through the years and some of the photos and videos are decidedly out of date, but even so, if you would like to peruse the Railroad facebook site, I hope that you find something that can reward your time a little.

I have sectioned up the postings into ‘themes’ that have matching photos to give context etc.

Link to the site:
www.facebook.com/beavercreekrailroad

If you haven’t seen Mikes layout you must. His layout has so much detail and its amazing what he did in a small area. I always enjoy seeing his photos and videos.

Many thanks to all who have visited my railroad’s facebook site. Also thank you if you left a comment as it gives me encouragement to keep at it!

Mike, I enjoyed my tour of your railroad. Well done.

Thank you Steve, I am glad that it was enjoyable as it can be a challenge to get a facebook page/site to have a good balance and easy access etc.

I will be adding some more to it soon as there have been a few changes to the track, scenery and rolling stock.