Large Scale Central

The Beach Train is BACK!

Rooster;

Your post about the thong made me wonder what my daughters will think when they find the object shown below.

Best, David Meashey

P.S. In all seriousness, I probably should note that this was a whimsical item I probably bought over 40 years ago. When the ingredients are read on the label, the contents seem to be some sort of bean paste. I doubt any possums were harmed in the making of the product (or at least not if the delivery didn’t hit a possum).

As a sandlapper, I take great offense😅 we only eat fresh possum here

Jim;

Don’t forget the fancy term for armadillo is Possum in the half shell!

Best, David Meashey

Hi Dave.
I don’t know if you saw it but I posted a video recently with my Beyer Garratt pulling the Schnabel. You suggested that the Forney in this beach video should give it a go, well in the video it did with the exact success that I thought it would have. :grin: Check it out.

Todd;

I have seen it. It became the little engine that couldn’t. I have had somewhat better luck with my HLW Big John. That locomotive has actually pulled a Bachmann Heisler backwards (while it kicked and screamed the whole time).

Regards, David Meashey

Todd, one wouldn’t want to be serving canned possum, transported behind a Forney, while wearing a man-kini, to the beach goers. There’s not a lot of ducking and weaving you can do in this case and I blame Dave.

Unfortunately we all know where this innuendo leads.

HEADLINE:

Elusive Forney-Caterer Arrested on Public Beach
Viewer discretion advised.

Many moons ago in the northern mountains of Pennsyltucky I used to attend a wild spring game feast. It was always the weekend of trout season.

The elder ladies had many different dishes prepared. Rules were you don’t ask you just take what looks good to you as they sat by the cabin fire reading, knitting and talking.

I chose the thick soup which was wonderful…Wild turkey and fresh creekside leeks…Then I chose some meatballs which were ok, kinda funky aftertaste which turned out to be beaver. Then I had a shredded white meat casserole with biscuits and a thick white gravy which was amazing. Turned out to be possum …I agree not sure about canned possum though.

Besides by the time I got to the table the baked grouse breasts and fried rabbit was gone.

I call them armored rat