Large Scale Central

Switches - redux

I can blame Ken for this one.

You’re the one who married the spiker :slight_smile: how can you blame Ken? Nice looking switch hope we get to see the finish on this as I can’t picture how it works, got a diagram? :slight_smile:

3 way stub switch…pretty easy, ain’t it…:wink: Dave, no point rails to grind down

(http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh58/rgseng/EBT%20Fall%20Spectacular%202009/EBT09_0017.jpg)

Bob, you should move those longer ties for your switch stand closer to the stub rail ends…

That’s what had me I knew what was being built ,but with the long ties where they are I were confused. :slight_smile:
Thanks

Yea, those ties need to move. This was a half-built wye that I decided to re-purpose.

Nice switch… I like it… not my era, but I like it…

That would fit in perfect for what I’m doing. I was confused too looking at where the spikes are located. I thought it was finished.

Bob McCown said:
I can blame Ken for this one.
YES!!! Finally I'm not too blame!!! Ha ha Ken :)

Geee and I just pulled one of those up…

Ken had the bright idea to have a 3-way at the entrance to the Majestic Colliery so I can get another track, and another 3 car capacity, underneath. It makes sense operationally. The colliery has 4 ‘bays’ underneath it, plus the slack bin. Ill build the slack bin, but have it at another location, and without a dedicated track under it. Ill add some unused and unconnected track under the 4th bay for scenery.

VERY cool.

A friend is working on some for his On30 layout. He is using 40-50 year old code 70 rail from my father.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51032247@N00/4217429261/in/set-72157623077667424/

Bob, do you run track power, or battery/steam? I ask as I need to gap and wire my friend’s switches.

Bob,

I have always liked 3 way stubs, but I don’t feel I have the skill set and or the proper knowledge to even start construction. Did you purchase or make the frog assembly? Any and all tips/pointers are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Some of the frogs are bought, some I grind myself. I hate grinding frogs and points, but to get some of these odd angles, you have to.

Mario McCarthy said:
Bob,

I have always liked 3 way stubs, but I don’t feel I have the skill set and or the proper knowledge to even start construction. Did you purchase or make the frog assembly? Any and all tips/pointers are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I to like Mario, love to have one at our set up area to get one more sidding in but not to sure how to make one. But Bob C. on your layout it will look great and save a lot of space…

Question Bob C… Is it going to be manual oper.? Not sure how one would make it auto switch with out taking up a lot of space to get it in for remote… We’ll keep watching on yours… Neat layout…Noel