Large Scale Central

Switchcrafters #8 switches

Bruce Chandler said:
Just got my issue. Nice review, Dave! Or should I say nice THREE reviews?

I’ve got some of those switches, and I’ve been quite pleased with how they hold up and operate.

Issue, what issue? GR?..last one never showed, have I been missed again?

It’s the “next” issue of Garden Railways…April 2008. I’ve got an article in it, so I got an advance copy.

Bruce Chandler said:
It's the "next" issue of Garden Railways...April 2008. I've got an article in it, so I got an advance copy.
That's good to know. I'll let the mailman live, then. :D

WOW!!!

Now I know how much of a real differance there is between modeling narrow guage and standard gauge.
 Your pictures give me a whole new idea just how big a double crossover would be, add to that the diamond at the end and it would be around 10 feet long.
 And those are # 8's I was thinking in the line of a # 10!!
 The area I wanted to model is on the northwest side of Chicago, IL where the Milwaulke Rd. Crosses over the EJ&E. At that point in my childhood the set up was controlled by an interlocking tower and I think, but don't hold me to it, they were actually rod controled. Early 80's by the way.
 The place was called Round Out on the tower.  I forget the name of the town. There was also an abandoned line that went over the line they had taken the bridge out by the time we found it also the one that was over the EJ&E 
  So at one time there were 3 railroads meeting with in 150 yards.
  With just the commutter trains, Amtrak and the EJ&E there was more action than you could shake a stick at or wave a camera at, in other words.
  I remember one day an amtrak turbo came through and we were at the road crossing and the gates barley got all the way down before the train was there!

Smokebox