Large Scale Central

SW-1500 road switcher

What the heck am I thinking???

3 Likes

Looks like you are doing a very nice job on modeling the SW 1500. Just curious what scale you are modeling the SW 1500 in, I hope it’s in the 120.3 scale if you intend to run it with the center cab switcher that you have in the picture. I wanted to buy one of the center cab switchers to run with my LGB scale, but it was too big to fit in with my other LGB engines, I believe the scale on that engine is 120.3. One of the problems in modeling in LGB scale is finding engines and rolling stock that fit into that scale, but when I started collecting some 45 years ago that was the scale of choice for most. I call the LGB scale 1:22.5 the dead scale and if I was to start over, I would be modeling in 120.3 scale.

I thought it was always ’ Bigger is Better’ :sunglasses: :rofl:

Yep, this is in 1:20.32 standard gauge. It’ll probably end up being a static model at a transload between NG and SG somewhere. But its cool to think about it running.

Stan is planing to have his hot this year! standard gauge that is.

I have a 5 car train I built in 1:20.3 Standard gauge. But it is running on narrow gauge trucks, because I’m still waiting after years and years for the trucks. I have even forgot who was going to supply them for me.
I’m using the Bachmann center cab as well.

No such thing as a static locomotive as : I was taught by my Elders of LSC !

I can feel a shift in the air #569 in 1:20th

There is a guy on Facebook printing a 1500 in1/29 even dropped one shell accidentally and didn’t hurt it at all, put a small ding in the headlight housing on the long hood