Shawn said:
[url]

(http://i35.tinypic.com/335b2ab.jpg)

[url]

WOW!!! they moved the Washington monument… :slight_smile:

Nah, dat’s da Joisey Monument :smiley:

LOL we stole it from DC

Roger Crooks said:
One of the members in my club has had great sucess with polymeric sand. He has made great looking country roads. I myself haven't used it yet but I mignt next weekend.
Thanks Roger. Let me know how it turns out. Pictures would be nice ;) Ralph
Shawn said:
LOL we stole it from DC
Shame on you ! That disappoints me.....now climb up there and slap a Rooster weather vane on it!

Good pictures, Shawn. Being a “flatlander” from “fly over country”, back in the 1970’s when I went there the first time, it was very hard for me to realize there were parts of New Jersey that wasn’t ghetto and part of the sprawl of New York City.

That sure is pretty country Shawn. I, like so many people, had no idea there was country like that in New Jersey.

There’s actually quite a bit of it west of 287. The better scenery is in the North West where Shawn is.

Jon Radder said:
There's actually quite a bit of it west of 287. The better scenery is in the North West where Shawn is.
That is pretty country, but the sea shore around Cape May up to Long Beach Island and then the mouth of the Delaware River have a great history and a charming appeal, both nautically and with railroad stuff.
Ric Golding said:
Jon Radder said:
There's actually quite a bit of it west of 287. The better scenery is in the North West where Shawn is.
That is pretty country, but the sea shore around Cape May up to Long Beach Island and then the mouth of the Delaware River have a great history and a charming appeal, both nautically and with railroad stuff.
I have to agree the Cape May area is very nice. I also like the Pine Barrens just wish their was more hills, too flat for me. Its a shame NJ gets a bad reputation because their are some really nice areas and also a great history. I should hold a weekend of runninng trains at my place.
Shawn said:
[i][/i] I should hold a weekend of runninng trains at my place.
Yes you should! There's at least three of us under 2 hours away.
Jon Radder said:
Shawn said:
If a few are willing to come out this way i will hold one this summer. I have plenty of room for campers or tents.

I’m beginning to make preparations for an open house next October. I have battery and track power and track power that finally works!

Shawn said:
Jon Radder said:
Shawn said:
If a few are willing to come out this way i will hold one this summer. I have plenty of room for campers or tents.
Sounds good to me. Talk to them guys in Pennsyltucky and see what dates work. My 2011 calendar is wide open at the moment; 'cept for York in the spring. Having just started a new job I only get one week of vacation; but you are in weekend range.
Shawn said:
Jon Radder said:
Shawn said:
I don't do campers or tents..................what's the spare bedroom look like?...........;)
Ken Brunt said:
I don't do campers or tents..................what's the spare bedroom look like?...........;)
No sleeper cab ?
Ken Brunt said:
baby
Ken Brunt said:
Shawn said:
Jon Radder said:
Im in the process of painting the spare room but will be done well before summer. My son should be out of his crib by then so you can use that.

What, the spare room or the crib !

Tell him to send pictures!

Crib