Large Scale Central

Standardization of Modules

I’m sure someone here has this answer available and easier than me searching for hours for the answer. We are looking for module standards like what is used by the DelOro group. Does somebody have easy access to this? Thank you in advance for your answers.

Ric,
See: http://www.largescaleonline.com/library/modules/index.html

10 minutes and 5 seconds, that’s not bad.

THANKS BRUCE!!!

You’re welcome. I’m betting it’ll take a tad longer to come up with a module. :wink:

What are you planning?

I think we all should make up two modules and figure out where we can attach them to Fred’s layout when we go to the invasion. We could have a new branchline out into the driveway!

Bruce,

You asked - “What are you planning?”

Nothing, we have put together a module committee at our club to try to revive or maybe even begin to replace our club’s 12 year old modules and wanted to gather plans and ideas from other clubs. Nothing special, in fact, the jury is still out on if anything will change or get done. :wink:

Maybe we should have an LSC module set as part of the timesaver over in the doorway of York…

Bob,

Knock yourself out. I’ve got standards or lack of standards at the house that allow the modules I have fit in to the rest of the KVRwy.

Just give us a connection of one track and we can hook it to the “Timesaver”.

The only requirement I think we need is that a train shouldn’t be able to go in a complete loop. :wink:

(Did I say that out loud? Damn)

Ok, this sounds like a plan. If we build using the Del Oro standards, we’ll be good? Cool.

Great, another project. Just what I need!

Bob,

Don’t put words in my mouth. :wink: I have no idea of the DelOro standards, all I’ve done is build to the space I had room for in my basement and I set the modules on saw horses so height is not an issue. All I was saying is that I have a siding that could be connected to and also a track at on end of the Timesaver Module. The other end is connected to the “Inglenook Yard” and it is closed at the other end. But that doesn’t mean we can’t change things or rebuild. :wink: "Where’s that “saws all”?

Hey, I’m great at getting other people to do projects, just ask Bruce or Bart!

Ric you said …The only requirement I think we need is that a train shouldn’t be able to go in a complete loop. :wink:

And in July , at the IRM , you were rideing a train in a complete loop , and enjoying it ! ; - )

Dennis Paulson said:
Ric you said .....................The only requirement I think we need is that a train shouldn't be able to go in a complete loop. ;-)

And in July , at the IRM , you were rideing a train in a complete loop , and enjoying it ! ; - )

Busted!

Chris Vernell said:
Dennis Paulson said:
Ric you said .....................The only requirement I think we need is that a train shouldn't be able to go in a complete loop. ;-)

Busted!

Many times, but “tourist lines” or maybe monrails, are usually the only ones that run in circles. And that my kind friends is why we run a tourist railroad on the KVRwy.

Form follows function. Create the function and then follow the form to achieve it. Maybe that is why switch yard don’t have continuous loops off of each siding?

Whatever :wink: